This Pistachio Delight is a fantastic green dessert for the upcoming St. Patrick’s Day celebrations. I actually make it every year for Easter. The kids love the cold dessert after being outside all day hunting eggs and playing Easter games.
The recipe was inspired by a BBQ joint that I used to frequent in Middle Georgia. Georgia Bob’s has the best BBQ and the best Chocolate Delight. Their Chocolate Delight uses Chocolate & Vanilla pudding. For my Pistachio Delight I am using White Chocolate & Pistachio pudding. If you are ever in the Macon/Warner Robins GA area be sure to stop by for lunch or dinner.
- 1 box of Graham Cracker Crumbs and the ingredients it calls for to make a crust.
- 1 box of Pistachio pudding. Follow the directions for "pudding pie".
- 1 box of White Chocolate pudding. Follow the directions for "pudding pie" (if using Hershey's White Chocolate Pudding follow the directions for pudding).
- 1 8oz block of cream cheese.
- 1/2 cup confectioner sugar.
- 2 8 oz tubs of Cool Whip.
- Make graham cracker crust as directed on the box. Press crust into the bottom of a 9x13 dish. Bake crust as directed.
- Mix together cream cheese and confectioner sugar. Once well blended fold in half of a container of cool whip.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on chilled crust.
- Prepare pistachio pudding. When it has slightly stiffened spread across cream cheese mixture creating a layer.
- Prepare white chocolate pudding. When it has slightly stiffened create another layer.
- Using the last tub and a half of cool whip spread on the top layer.
- Refrigerate at least 15 minutes before serving.