Ramen Broccoli Salad Recipe is ramen noodles and broccoli slaw tossed in an Oriental tangy dressing. Easy to make and is a perfect side dish to a picnic or potluck.
I don’t know who originally came up with this recipe but thank goodness they did. The first time I had this salad was back in 2008. Our lunches were catered so everyday lunch was a surprise. This one particular caterer became a fast favorite because everything she made was amazing. This was one of my favorite salads she made. Seconds please!
Crisp and crunchy is how I like my salads. Another favorite salad is the Iraqi Sumac Salad and my Veggie Salad. Both are perfect for Summer picnics and BBQs.
Ramen Broccoli Salad
- 1 12 oz. package of broccoli slaw mix
- 1 package of Oriental flavor Ramen Noodles, broken into small pieces. Set Oriental seasoning package aside.
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 oz. slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 fresh chive stem, sliced
- In a bowl mix together broccoli slaw, Ramen noodles, sunflower seeds, and almonds.
- In a separate bowl whisk together oriental seasoning package, canola oil, vinegar, and sugar.
- Toss Oriental seasoning mixture with the broccoli slaw until well coated.
- Sprinkle fresh chive on top of the salad.
- Serve chilled.
This recipe was originally published under my former blog name Year-RoundGiving.com