Learn how to make Chocolate Dipped Potato Chips with easy recipe.
Where I grew up in Florida we have a candy shop that makes chocolate covered potato chips. When I lived in Georgia one of my best friends would go back to our home town to visit and she would stop by the candy shop to bring me back some of these fabulous chocolate potato chips.
Now that I am in Maryland, I no longer get a special delivery of the chocolate potato chips. So I had to take matters into my own hands. Instead of completely covering the potato chip I decided to dip the chip. It is easier, takes less chocolate, and not as messy.
I hope you enjoy this sweet & salty snack as much as I do.
From Start to Finish
Here is a picture collage from start to finish for Chocolate Dipped Chips. The first two is how I melt chocolate using the double boiler method.
I suggest using Wavy Lays or Ruffles. A strong sturdy potato chip that can hold the weight of the chocolate.
- 1/2 bag of Wavy Lays potato chips
- 1 bag of Milk Chocolate Baking Chips
- Line a large cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Pick out the larger chips out of the bag and set aside.
- Empty your chocolate chips into a glass bowl that is large enough to fit on top of a small sauce pan.
- Fill the sauce pan with enough water to create steam. (Fill about 1/4 full)
- Place the glass bowl of chocolate on the sauce pan.
- Set your burner to a low heat. I suggest level 2.
- Stir frequently as chocolate begins to melt.
- Once melted dip your chips in the chocolate. Use a spoon to evenly spread the chocolate and scrape off excess chocolate.
- Place the chocolate dipped chips on the wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- Once you have completed all your chips, place tray of chocolate dipped chips in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes or until chocolate has set.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g