Green Bean Brussels Sprout Casserole with bacon and creamy mushroom soup then topped with fried onions.
Ingredients for Green Bean Brussel Sprout Casserole
This Green Bean and Brussels Sprouts casserole is a fresh variation of the classic green bean casserole.
*Scroll Down For Complete Recipe Card
- Brussels Sprouts
- Green Beans
- All-Purpose Flour
- Creamy Mushroom Soup (not condensed see note below).
- Salt & Pepper
- Fried Onions
This is a green bean casserole with Progresso Creamy Mushroom Soup recipe. Do not use a condensed soup.
- Add grated Parmesan Cheese.
- Omit Brussel Sprouts and substitute with more green beans.
- Add fresh sliced baby bella mushrooms into the casserole mixture. Do not boil mushrooms.
Green Bean Brussels Sprout Casserole
- 12 ounces fresh Brussels sprouts, sliced in half.
- 12 ounces fresh green beans, trimmed and cut in half.
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 3 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- 18 ounces Progresso Creamy Mushroom soup, not condensed
- Salt & Pepper, to taste.
- 1 cup fried onions.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil and add Brussels sprouts.
- After 4 minutes add green beans and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Drain vegetables and set aside.
- In a large skillet cook the bacon over medium heat until lightly crispy. 7-8 minutes
- Stir in flour and cook for another 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to low and add soup constantly stirring for 2 minutes. The soup will thicken.
- Stir in vegetables, salt, and pepper.
- Pour mixture into a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish and top with fried onions.
- Bake at 350F. for 20 minutes.
For this recipe I use Progresso Creamy Mushroom Soup, 18 oz. can.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 157Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 486mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 6g
This recipe was adapted from Family Circle.