A delicious baked cookie using hemp seeds and Medjool dates. Add these Hemp Seed Cookies to your collection of baked hemp heart recipes. Tastes just like an oatmeal raisin cookie only better for you. This cookie is sweetened with Medjool Dates. There is nothing better than a fresh-baked cookie right out of the oven.
Forget Oatmeal Raisin cookies these Hemp Seed Cookies with Dates taste nearly the same and are better for you. I don’t even feel guilty letting the kids have these Hemp Seed Cookies for breakfast. I even put one in their lunch boxes as a special treat.
I also have a recipe for Walnut Date Oat Breakfast Bars that everyone including the kids love.
These Date Cookies may not be the most attractive cookies in the cookie jar but they make up for it with other bragging rights.
Hemp Seed Cookies Bragging Rights:
- These cookies have 75% less sugar than a regular oatmeal cookie.
- The ingredient, Hemp Hearts, is considered a superfood that contains protein and omega fatty acids.
- The Medjool Dates are high in fiber and potassium
- The Oats are 100% natural whole grain, high in fiber, and heart-healthy.
Hemp seeds are high in polyunsaturated fat and that is good fat! Eating moderate amounts of polyunsaturated (and monounsaturated) fat in place of saturated and trans fats can benefit your health.
Nope, you can’t get high!
No, you won’t get a buzz or fail a drug test eating these Hemp Seed Cookies. THC is not produced in the seeds of the plant.
The only side effect from this Hemp Seed cookie it will help you go to the bathroom. With all the fiber and good fat, your tummy will be happy!
Ingredients for Dates Cookies with Hemp Seeds
This Oatmeal type cookie recipe is sweetened with dates!
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Soda
- Hemp Seeds
- Medjool Dates
More Hemp Seed Recipes
Check out these other hemp seed date cookie recipes that are on my list to make:
Nothing beats a warm cookie right out of the oven with a cold glass of milk. Enjoy my Hemp Seed Cookies with Medjool Dates and let me know what you think.
- 10 Tbs butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup oats
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds
- 6 Medjool dates, deseeded and diced
- In a large mixing bowl mix together butter and sugar.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract and mix.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg and mix.
- Add in oats, hemp seeds and mix.
- Finally add in the Medjool dates and mix until evenly distributed.
- Place spoon size dough balls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes at 375F.
- To cool place cookies on cooling rack.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 155Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 156mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 3g
All amounts are estimates and DailyAppetite takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier.