Did your mom ever make Hot Buttered Cheerios when you were a kid? With a pinch of salt, they are a simple but delicious snack. They are so good but, since we have no self-control we decided to take this classic nostalgic snack and kick it up a notch. We let the Cheerios cool down a bit and toss in some mini semi-sweet chocolate morsels. If there is an opportunity for sweet and salty we are taking it!
Hot Buttered Cheerios with Mini Chocolate Morsels
- 4 cups Cheerios
- 4 Tbs butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- Melt butter in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Pour in Cheerios and stir to coat the Cheerios with butter and continue to stir for 3 minutes.
- Pour Cheerios into a bowl and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Let Cheerios cool for a minute or two so they are warm.
- Toss in the chocolate morsels. Because the Cheerios are warm the chocolate will slightly melt and in the tossing process, it will leave bits of chocolate coating on the Cheerios.
You can wait till the Buttered Cheerios have completely cooled so the morsels don’t melt in the tossing process. We just like it warm and a little messy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 259Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 265mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 4g
All amounts are estimates and DailyAppetite takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier.