Mountain Dew Apple Dumplings rolled with crescent rolls and baked in a buttery cinnamon Mountain Dew sauce.
Rich and delicious! These country apple dumplings served hot with vanilla ice cream are to die for!
Ingredients for Mountain Dew Apple Dumplings
- Granny Smith Apples
- Refrigerated Crescent Roll Dough (I used the Pillsbury brand)
- White Sugar
- Ground Cinnamon
- Mountain Dew Soda or Sprite
Don’t forget the vanilla ice cream to serve over top of the warm apple mountain dew dumplings.
Cutting through that crispy crust and taking a bite of these tender apple dumplings is pure heaven!
How to Make Mountain Dew Apple Dumplings
Apple dumplings made with crescent rolls is such an easy recipe.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9×13 baking dish. Using an apple slicer cut apples into 8 wedges. Next, separate the crescent roll doll along the perforated lines in the dough. Roll each apple wedge in the crescent dough starting at the smaller end. Pinch together the dough to seal it and place it in the baking dish. Arrange apple dumplings evenly in a single layer.
Now make the sauce. In a small saucepan melt the butter. Next, stir in the sugar and cinnamon. Continue to stir until well blended. Pour the butter sauce over the dumplings. Next, pour the Mountain Dew over the dumplings.
Transfer to a preheated oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Oven baking times can vary. Keep an eye on the dumplings. Bake until golden brown.
Variations for Apple Mountain Dew Dumplings
I have substituted Golden Delicious Apples for the Granny Smith. The apple dumplings were just as delicious!
If you don’t have Mountain Dew, Sprite, or 7UP will work too!
Store leftovers in their original baking dish covered with foil or an airtight container.
Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Mountain Dew Apple Dumplings Recipe
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored
- 2 10 oz. cans of refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 cup butter
- 1.5 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 12 oz. can of Mountain Dew
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Cut each apple into 8 wedges and set aside.
- Separate the crescent roll dough. Roll each apple wedge in crescent roll dough starting at the smallest end. Pinch to seal and arrange evenly in the baking dish.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan and stir in the sugar and cinnamon. Pour over the apple dumplings.
- Next, pour Mountain Dew over the dumplings.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g