Jungle Bird Cocktail Recipe. A fresh blend of dark rum and Campari with tropical fruit juices will transport you to the islands.
The Jungle Bird is a classic Tiki Cocktail dating back to the 1970s. The cocktail is an explosion of flavors. This Tiki Cocktail is smooth with a hint of bitters from the Campari. It is refreshing and tropical. It is so good and refreshing you will want to drink these all day by the pool or on the beach. This cocktail was created back in 1978 at the famed Avaiary bar at the Kuala Lumpur Hilton in Malaysia.
Ingredients for the Jungle Bird
- Dark Rum (such as Myers Dark Rum)
- Pineapple Juice
- Lime Juice
- Simple Syrup.
- Crushed Ice
- Garnishes: Mint, Pineapple Wedge, or Pineapple Leaf.
How To Make a Jungle Bird Tiki Cocktail
- First, Prep all your ingredients.
- Next, add all ingredients into an ice-filled cocktail shaker. Shake! You want to shake vigorously to get a foamy top from the pineapple being shaken.
- Finally, strain it into a crushed ice-filled tiki mug or glass. Then garnish with fresh mint or fresh pineapple.
How to Serve a Jungle Bird Cocktail
Serve up this Tiki Cocktail in a killer Tiki Mug or glass. Either way, it is a pretty cocktail. The color is a gorgeous orange glow from the Campari and pineapple juice.
Tiki Cocktail Culture
Exotic Island-themed cocktails with rich island flavors and Rum! Drinks to transport you to sunny days, grass skirts, and sweet island fruit. Think Pina Coladas, Mai-Tai, Blue Hawaii, Hawaiian t-shirts, and this Jungle Bird! Cheers to the Islands and the Tiki Cocktails that transport us there.
Jungle Bird Cocktail Variations
- Like things a little more bitter? Add a quarter ounce of Campari at a time to adjust to your level of bitterness.
- RUM! Any dark rum. I used Myers Dark Rum and it was perfect.
- Garnishes! I used mint. Take a sprig of mint. Slap it against your hand to activate the essence. The mint on the nose of this drink is fabulous. It gives it another mouthwatering dimension.
- Doubling the recipe. Making a Jungle Bird for two? Follow the recipe and taste before serving to make any adjustments to the Campari or syrup.
Pro Tip: Having drinks by the pool? Don’t want to be stuck behind the bar? Quadruple the recipe for a big batch.
Jungle Bird Cocktail Recipe
- 1.5 oz. Dark Rum
- 0.25 oz. Campari
- 1.5 oz. Pineapple Juice
- 0.5 oz. Simple Syrup
- 0.5 oz. Lime Juice
- Garnishes: mint, pineapple wedge, or pineapple leaf
- Add ingredients to an ice-filled cocktail shaker. Shake until the shaker is nice and frosty.
- Strain into a crushed ice-filled Tiki Mug or Glass.
- Garnish with mint, pineapple wedge, or pineapple leaf.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 261Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 2gSugar: 31gProtein: 1g
All amounts are estimates and DailyAppetite takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier.