Instant Pot Boiled Peanuts Recipe! Make tender boiled peanuts in your Instant Pot in 2 hours!
Boiled Peanuts! Peanuts boiled until tender become a salty satisfying snack. This Southern snack is a favorite, especially during football season.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Boiled Peanuts
Those hot-boiled peanuts sold at ball games are easy to make at home in your instant pot.
- Raw Peanuts or Green Peanuts
You can experiment with spices such as Old Bay or a Cajun Seasoning see Variations below.
Boiled Peanuts Flavors and Variations
Add different seasonings to your pressure cooker for different boiled peanut flavors. Here are some examples:
- Cajun Seasoning
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Garlic Powder
- Old Bay
To add flavor to your peanuts add 1 to 2 tablespoons of seasoning to the Instant Pot before cooking.
How to Make Boiled Peanuts in your Instant Pot
Making boiled peanuts in your instant pot is simple and fast.
- First, add your raw peanuts to the instant pot.
- Next, add salt and water.
- Finally, cover it with the instant pot lid and lock it in place. Turn the top valve to “Seal”. Choose the manual setting at high pressure. Set the time for 90 minutes. Once the peanuts are done cooking allow the Instant Pot to naturally release.
Natural release means letting the Instant Pot cool down by itself slowly releasing steam. The Instant Pot will release steam gradually until the float valve drops down. This could take up to 30 minutes. Once the float valve has dropped it is safe to remove the lid.
Recipe Tips for Pressure Cooker Salted Peanuts
- Drain peanuts and store them in an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- To reheat boiled peanuts in the Instant Pot put a cup of water in the Instant Pot. Next, put your steamer basket in and fill it with the leftover boiled peanuts. Steam for 1 to 2 minutes depending on the amount.
- For this Instant Pot Boiled Peanuts recipe, I used raw peanuts. If you can get green peanuts fresh in the summer season use those! Just cut down the cooking time by 15 to 20 minutes.
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Browse all of our Instant Pot Recipes.
Instant Pot Boiled Peanuts Recipe
- 1 lb raw peanuts
- 1/3 cup coarse sea salt
- Rinse peanuts in a colander and remove any debris. Transfer peanuts to the Instant Pot.
- Add enough water to cover the peanuts; add salt. Weigh down your peanuts with the trivet your Instant Pot came with.
- Use the Manual Setting, High Pressure, for 90 minutes.
- Allow the Instant Pot to do a Natural Release.
- Use a slotted spoon or colander to drain the peanuts before serving.
- Use green peanuts when they are in season. Cut cooking time down by 15 minutes.
- Use different seasonings such as Red Pepper Flakes or Cajun seasonings for flavor.
Read the blog post above for all recipe tips and variations.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 257Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 3744mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 12g
All amounts are estimates and DailyAppetite takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier.