Instant Pot Boiled Peanuts! Make tender boiled peanuts in your Instant Pot in 2 hours!
Boiled Peanuts! You either love them or hate them. You either eat them hot or cold. This Southern snack is a favorite, especially during football season.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Boiled Peanuts
Keep scrolling for Recipe card!
- Raw Peanuts or Green Peanuts
How to Make Boiled Peanuts in your Instant Pot
Making boiled peanuts in your instant pot is simple and fast.
- First, add your raw peanuts to the instant pot.
- Next, add the salt.
- Finally, cover with the instant pot lid and lock it in place. Turn the top valve to “Seal”.
- Choose the manual setting at high pressure. Set the time for 90 minutes.
- Once the peanuts are done cooking allow the Instant Pot to naturally release.
Natural release means to let the Instant Pot cool down by itself slowly releasing steam. The Instant Pot will release steam gradually until the float valve drops down. This could take up to 30 minutes. Once the float valve has dropped it is safe to remove the lid.
Instant Pot Boiled Peanuts using raw peanuts
Cooking raw peanuts in the instant pot.
Instant Pot Boiled Peanuts Flavors and Variations
For this Instant Pot Boiled Peanuts recipe, I used raw peanuts. If you can get green peanuts fresh in the summer season use those! Just cut down the cooking time by 15 to 20 minutes.
Add different seasonings for different flavors. Here are some examples:
- Cajun Seasoning
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Garlic Powder
- Old Bay
To add flavor your peanuts add 1 to 2 tablespoons of seasoning to the Instant Pot before cooking.
Drain peanuts and store them in an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Browse all of our Instant Pot Recipes.
Instant Pot Boiled Peanuts Recipe
Instant Pot Boiled Peanuts
Tender Southern Boiled Peanuts made in the Instant Pot in 90 minutes.
- 1 lb raw peanuts
- 1/3 cup coarse sea salt
Rinse peanuts in a colander and remove any debris. Transfer peanuts to the Instant Pot.
Add enough water to cover the peanuts and salt. Weigh down your peanuts with the trivet your Instant Pot came with.
Use the Manual Setting, High Pressure, for 90 minutes.
Allow the Instant Pot to do a Natural Release.
Use a slotted spoon or colander to drain the peanuts before serving.
- Use green peanuts when they are in season.
- You may want to lower the cooking time if using green peanuts.
- Use different seasonings such as Red Pepper Flakes or Cajun seasonings for flavor.
More Instant Pot Recipes
This post contains our Amazon Affiliate link to market products used to produce this recipe.