Bourbon Margarita Recipe. Try this mouthwatering riff on a classic. The Bourbon Whiskey Margarita is what real bourbon drinkers drink on Cinco de Mayo.
When searching for Mexican drinks with bourbon whiskey came up short I threw together a riff on the classic margarita. A classic margarita made with bourbon. And you know what? It turned out pretty damn good. A Whiskey Margarita and Tacos are now my Tuesday Ritual.
Ingredients for a Whiskey Margarita
- Bourbon – For the bourbon, I chose 1792 Small Batch. It is 93 Proof and stands up well to the lime and agave flavors.
- Fresh Squeezed Lime – Freshly squeezed citrus is key to any cocktail. It gives the cocktail a fresh light airiness to it. Processed juices are too heavy.
- Agave Syrup
- Garnishes – Mint, lime wedge or wheel, salt, or sugar.
How to Make a Bourbon Margarita
(continue scrolling for recipe card)
- First, fill your shaker with ice.
- Add the Bourbon, Lime, and Agave syrup then shake vigorously.
- Next, add crushed ice to your glass and strain the bourbon whiskey margarita into the glass.
- Add your garnish of choice and serve.
Featured is JoyJolt stemless martini glasses. This is our favorite line of glassware. We love the brand’s sleek designs and they are very affordable. Top pick for sure!
Here is a list of recommended garnishes. Use individually or a combination.
- Lime Wheel/Wedge
More Bourbon Riffs on Classic Cocktails
Bourbon Margarita Recipe
A traditional Margarita with bourbon instead of tequila.
- 2 oz. Bourbon
- 1 oz. Lime Juice
- 1 oz. Agave Syrup
- Mint, Lime, or Salt for garnish
Add all ingredients to an ice-filled shaker; shake.
Strain into a glass with crushed ice; garnish
This post contains Amazon Affiliate links to promote the products used in making this recipe.