Make fluffy and perfect Jasmine Rice in your Instant Pot every time with this Instant Pot Jasmine Rice Recipe.
The Instant Pot is the best rice cooker. Once you make rice in your instant pot you will never go back to anything else. It is easy and this 2 cup jasmine rice Instant pot recipe comes out perfect every single time.
This jasmine rice recipe makes the softest, fluffiest rice you have ever tasted. We could eat a bowl of it with just butter.
Instant Pot Rice Ingredients
Just a handful of simple ingredients are needed for this pressure cooker jasmine rice recipe.
- 2 cups Jasmine Rice (rinsed until water runs clear.)
- Salt (We use pink Himalayan salt)
How to Make Jasmine Rice in an Instant Pot
How to cook rice in an instant pot is simple.
- First, you need to rinse your rice. Rinse your rice in a fine-mesh strainer thoroughly. Rinsing your rice removes any debris but most importantly starch. If you don’t rinse this starch off your rice, it will be clumpy. I have found different brands of Jasmine Rice to be “dirtier” than others. We really like Mahatma Jasmine Rice.
- Next, pour your jasmine rice into your Instant Pot. Add the butter, salt, and water and give it a quick stir. Close the lid to the Instant Pot and set the lever to Seal.
Jasmine Rice Instant Pot Time and Settings: Set your Instant Pot for Manual> High> 5 minutes> Natural Release 10 minutes.
Once the 5-minute timer goes off allow the Instant Pot to naturally release for 10 minutes. The rice will still be cooking during this natural release. Once 10 minutes have elapsed turn the value to “Vent” to release any remaining pressure.
- Finally, remove the lid and fluff with a fork. Serve rice immediately or keep the lid on with the valve turned to the vent to keep the rice hot.
Don’t worry about setting a timer for the 10 minutes. The Instant Pot will show in minutes how long it has been since the timer went off. Even if you get busy and the rice has sat longer than 10 minutes. It is ok. Your rice will be fine and it will be kept nice and warm in your instant pot. The pot will have completely naturally released. I have been busy and left the rice for 15 minutes and it was fine.
Including the time for the Instant Pot to come to pressure this Instant Pot Jasmine Rice Recipe takes roughly 25 minutes to make.
Instead of butter use coconut oil.
Jasmine Rice to Water Ratios
If you want to make more than 2 cups of dry rice (8 servings). Use equal parts dry rice to water ratio.
Jasmine Rice Ratio for the Instant Pot is 1:1. See the table below.
|Dry Jasmine Rice||Water|
|2 cups Jasmine Rice||2 cups Water|
|3 cups Jasmine Rice||3 cups Water|
|4 cups Jasmine Rice||4 cups Water|
We do not recommend attempting to cook less than 2 cups of Jasmine Rice in your Instant Pot.
How to Serve Instant Pot Jasmine Rice
I measure 1/4 cup of dry rice per serving. I have a family of four who loves Jasmine Rice so I make sure we have two serving each which equals two cups of dry Jasmine Rice.
How to Save Leftover IP Jasmine Rice
Store leftover Instant Pot Jasmine Rice in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Rice can also be frozen.
When reheating rice add about a teaspoon of water per serving. This will rehydrate your rice so you are not left with a dried-out bowl of rice.
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Browse all of our Instant Pot Recipes.
Instant Pot Jasmine Rice Recipe
- 2 cups Jasmine Rice
- 2 cups Water
- 1 tbsp Butter
- pinch of salt
- Rinse your rice in a fine-mesh strainer until water runs nearly clear. Add rice to your Instant Pot.
- Add the butter, water, and salt and give a quick stir.
- Cover. Set valve to "seal".
- Set your instant pot to Manual; High Pressure; 5 minutes.
- When the timer is up allow the Instant Pot to sit for 10 minutes for a natural release.
- Once 10 minutes has passed turn the valve to "venting" to release any remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and fluff rice with a fork. Serve
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 53Total Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 9g