Sautéd Shrimp with Zucchini and Cherry Tomatoes is a light recipe that is filling and flavorful. An easy recipe that is perfect for lunch or dinner.
Sauteed Shrimp with Zucchini and Cherry Tomatoes is a light Summer recipe using fresh veggies from the garden. If you grow cherry tomatoes and/or zucchini in your Summer Garden this recipe will be on your weekly menu rotation. It is a light meal and so full of flavor. The sweet cherry tomatoes along with the Oregano create a sauce while being sauteed.
If you are on Weight Watchers this recipe is 1 point per serving. The olive oil is what gives this recipe 1 point per serving.
Sauteed Shrimp with Zucchini and Cherry Tomatoes Recipe Tips
Be sure to thaw your frozen shrimp under cool running water. I put my shrimp in a colander in my sink and let the water run over it until the frozen chunk separates. I then shake the colander, toss the shrimp, and continue to run cool water over the shrimp until they are thawed.
Don’t slice your zucchini too thin. Otherwise, the slices will turn into mush.
Want more Shrimp recipes? Check out my Creamy Lemon Basil Shrimp Pasta.
- 2 zucchini, medium, sliced into coins
- 12 ounce medium shrimp, cleaned, tails removed
- 10.5 oz cherry tomatoes, cut in half, (1 container of Cherubs Brand cherry tomatoes.
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add zucchini to the skillet. Add salt and pepper to taste. Then sauté for about 5 minutes. Remove zucchini from the skillet and set aside.
- Add 2 teaspoons of olive oil to the pan then add the shrimp and sauté for about 3 minutes. Stirring to cook evenly.
- Add in the tomatoes, garlic, oregano. Stir to cook evenly for another 3 minutes.
- Add in the zucchini and heat through.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
1 Smart Point per serving.
Recipe serves 4.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Recipe adapted from Weight Watchers