Strawberry Delight recipe with layers of white chocolate pudding, strawberry cream cheese mousse, and whipped topping with a sugar cookie crust.
I wasn’t sure what to call this recipe. I went back and forth on Strawberry Delight and Strawberry Cheesecake Lush. I settled on Strawberry Delight since my inspiration came from my Pistachio Delight recipe. Call it what you want! It is cold creamy and dreamy! I do love my pudding desserts.
Let’s break down this Strawberry Delight Dessert Recipe.
- Layer 1: Sugar Cookie Crust.
- Layer 2: Strawberry Cream Cheese Mousse.
- Layer 3: White Chocolate Instant Pudding
- Layer 4: Whipped Topping
- Layer 5: Cookie Crumbs.
- Layer 1 is the sugar cookie crust. The crust is delicious but because this is a refrigerated dessert it can be tough to cut. Use a sharp knife when slicing this dessert.
- Layer 2 is the strawberry cheesecake mousse filling. Strawberry cream cheese is whipped and then whipped cream is folded into it. The mousse is light and airy.
- Layer 3 is the white chocolate pudding. For whatever reason finding Jell-O white chocolate pudding has always been hit or miss at the stores for me. If you can’t find it you can swap it out for vanilla pudding.
- Layer 4 I used Cool Whip. It is lighter than whipped cream and I didn’t want this dessert to be heavy. You can certainly use whipped cream instead of the Cool Whip.
- Layer 5 is sugar cookie crumbs. When making the crust you will set aside some of the cookie crumbs for the top. I added these crumbs back to the blender/food processor for a finer consistency.
This Strawberry Delight Dessert is perfect for Spring Potlucks and Easter.
Strawberry Delight Recipe
Strawberry Delight or Strawberry Cheesecake Lush. A layered dessert with a sugar cookie crust.
- 1 package Sugar Cookie Mix and the ingredients needed per package. I used Krusteaz, Butter Vanilla Sugar Cookie
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 7.5 ounce container Strawberry Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 3.4 ounce White Chocolate Pudding and the milk to make the pudding
- 1 8 ounce tub Cool Whip thawed
Bake Cookies as directed. Let cool for 2 minutes. They will still be a little warm. Break up the cookies and put them in a blender. Blend until the cookies are crumbs.
Set aside 3/4 cup of the cookie crumbs. Pour the rest into the bottom of a 9×9 baking dish. With your fingers press the crumbs evenly into the bottom of the dish. This is your crust.
Whip the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks appear.
In a separate mixing bowl whip the strawberry cream cheese and sugar.
Fold the whipped cream into the strawberry cream cheese. Evenly spread this mixture over top of the crust. Place in the refrigerate.
Meanwhile in a mixing bowl make the pudding. Place in the refrigerator until it sets.
Once the pudding has set pull out the pudding and the baking dish from the refrigerator. Stir the pudding then evenly spread it over top of the strawberry layer.
Spread the Cool Whip over the top. This is your third and final layer.
Take the remaining cookie crumbs and sprinkle over the top of the dessert.
Keep dessert refrigerated.
This recipe was inspired by the following recipes: Strawberry Shortcake Lush