Hearts of Palm Salad tossed in a Lemony Cilantro dressing with Feta cheese and Juicy Grapes. This Palm Heart Salad recipe is bursting with flavor.
Three things go together perfectly: Hearts of Palm, Grapes, and Feta. When I make this hearts of palm salad recipe I am popping the ingredients in my mouth while prepping. The saltiness of the feta, the sweet bursts of the red grapes, and the earthy nutty hearts of the palm are magic in your mouth.
Hearts of Palm come from the inner core of certain palm trees. They are so good I can eat them straight out of the can.
This Hearts of Palm salad is quick to toss together. The cool lemony cilantro dressing pulls this all together for a unique side salad recipe. This Palm Heart salad pairs perfectly with steak or lamb.
Ingredients for Hearts of Palm Salad
Hearts of Palm is a vegetable harvested from the inner core of certain palm trees.
- Olive Oil
- Red Seedless Grapes
- Hearts of Palm – You can find these around the olives in your grocery store. They are canned and you can get them “salad cut” or “whole”.
- Feta cheese
Hearts of Palm come canned and can be found in just about any grocery store. I typically find them around the olives and artichokes in my grocery store. I have seen them in the ethnic aisle as well. You will find that hearts of palm come packaged in two ways “whole” or “salad cut”. If you can’t find salad cut just buy the whole and slice them up when you prep for this Hearts of Palm Salad recipe.
How to Make Hearts of Palm Salad
To make this hearts of palm salad you will first need to make the salad dressing. Once you have made the dressing it is a quick toss then ready to serve.
Refrigeration is not necessary before serving but I do enjoy this salad cold. So if you have time make this salad ahead of time and chill for about 30 minutes.
- In a medium to large salad bowl whisk together lemon juice, cilantro, and olive oil.
- Next, Add salad-cut hearts of palm, red seedless grapes, and feta cheese.
- Toss salad to coat with lemony cilantro dressing.
- Serve as a side salad.
Hearts of Palm Salad Recipe
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 14 ounces salad cut hearts of palm
- 1 1/2 cups red seedless grapes
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Whisk together the lemon juice, cilantro, and olive oil.
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and toss.
- Serve. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 174Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 139mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 3gSugar: 11gProtein: 3g
All amounts are estimates and DailyAppetite takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier.