Parmesan Cheese Takes this Air Fryer Squash and Zucchini recipe to a Whole New Level. Elevate your side dish with this delicious air-fried squash and zucchini parmesan recipe. The perfect combination of Parmesan cheese, garlic, and herbs make this crispy dish irresistible. Try this easy air fryer recipe this summer!
Are you tired of the same old squash and zucchini recipes? Do you have an abundance in your garden? Look no further than this delicious Air Fryer recipe that takes Summer squash and zucchini to a whole new level. Incorporating salty parmesan cheese, not only adds flavor but also a crispy texture.
From the ingredients needed to the step-by-step instructions, this article will guide you through the process of creating a mouth-watering dish that will have your family asking for seconds. So, bring on the veggies, and let’s get cooking!
Ingredients for Air Fryer Squash and Zucchini
To create this delectable dish, you will need a few key ingredients
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Yellow Squash
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
How to pick out Squash and Zucchini.
Look for healthy smaller squash and zucchini with rich colors. Larger ones are more mature and have rougher texture and the seeds larger and tougher. Younger smaller squash and zucchini are perfect for this recipe!
Now that you have all of your ingredients, it’s time to start air frying!
How to Make Air Fryer Squash and Zucchini
To make air fryer squash and zucchini, start by gathering your zucchini and Squash. Wash them thoroughly and chop them into even pieces. Not too thin, not too thick.
First, preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
Next, in a medium bowl add the zucchini, squash, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and Parmesan cheese.
Drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil onto the chopped squash and zucchini and use your hands to too toss and evenly coat them. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
Can you put aluminum foil in an air fryer? Depending on your model of Air Fryer you may want to line the bottom with aluminum foil.
If doubling the recipe be sure to work in batches. You don’t want to overlap or crowd the pieces.
How Long to Cook Air Fryer Squash and Zucchini
To achieve perfectly crispy and tender air fryer squash and zucchini, it’s important to cook them for just the right amount of time. The exact cooking time will vary based on the thickness of your slices and the specific air fryer you’re using, but a general guideline is 10-12 minutes at 400°F.
Halfway through the cooking time, flip the squash and zucchini slices over to ensure even browning. If you’re cooking a large batch, you may need to work in batches to avoid overcrowding the air fryer basket, which can lead to uneven cooking.
Once your squash and zucchini slices are golden brown and crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, they’re ready to be served.
How to Serve Air Fryer Squash and Zucchini
When it comes to serving air fryer squash and zucchini, the possibilities are endless. These delicious veggies make the perfect side dish for any meal, but can also be enjoyed as a snack or appetizer. Here are a few ideas on how to serve your air fryer squash and zucchini:
1. As a side dish: Serve your crispy squash and zucchini alongside your favorite protein, like grilled chicken or steak. They’re a healthy and tasty alternative to traditional fries or potato chips.
2. As a vegetable side for spaghetti: I like using them as a crispy garnish on top of my spaghetti.
3. With dipping sauce: Whip up a quick dipping sauce, like ranch dressing or aioli, and serve alongside your air fryer zucchini and squash.. It’s the perfect appetizer for any party or gathering.
4. In a wrap: Use your crispy squash and zucchini as a filling for a wrap or burrito. Add some avocado, salsa, and cheese for a delicious and healthy meal.
5. In a salad: Chop up your air fryer squash and zucchini and add them to a bed of greens for a delicious and nutritious salad. Top with your favorite dressing and enjoy!
Leftovers and Reheating Air Fryer Squash and Zucchini
Leftovers and reheating air fryer squash and zucchini is a breeze. Simply store any leftover squash and zucchini in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one day. Any longer the veggies get too soggy!
When you’re ready to enjoy them again, simply pop them back in the air fryer for a few minutes until they’re warm and crispy once again.
To ensure your leftovers maintain their crispiness, it’s important to store them properly. Avoid using a paper towel or any other material that might trap moisture, as this can cause the veggies to become soggy. Instead, opt for an airtight container to keep your squash and zucchini fresh.
When reheating your leftovers, be sure to spread them out evenly in the air fryer basket to ensure they cook evenly. Depending on your air fryer, you may need to adjust the temperature or cooking time slightly to achieve the desired crispiness.
Air-fried squash and zucchini with parmesan cheese is a game-changer in the realm of healthy and delicious side recipes. This simple and easy recipe is perfect for those who want to enjoy a guilt-free dish that doesn’t compromise on taste. With just a few ingredients and minimal cooking time, you can indulge in the crispy texture and savory flavor of this delectable dish.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Another Air Fried Veggie recipe is our Air Fryer Potato Wedges. Simple, Fast, and super delicious.
- Made the meal complete with these Air Fryer Buffalo Wings. Air Fried with olive oil for a crispy texture and tossed in a mouthwatering buffalo wing sauce.
Now for our recipe for Air Fryer Squash and Zucchini
- 1 Yellow Squash
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F.
- Slice Squash and Zucchini into about quarter-inch pieces.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl toss the Zucchini and Squash along with the remaining ingredients. Coating the vegetables in oil and seasonings.
- Arrange in a single layer in your air fryer.
- Cook for 10 to 12 mins. Flip the vegetables halfway through cooking time.
- Serve immediately.
- Adjust cook time as needed as all Air Fryers are different.
- Salt & Pepper to taste - If unsure start with 1/4 tsp each. You can add salt and pepper after coming out of the air fryer as well.
- Pictured: The squash and zucchini were air fried for 12 minutes in an oven-style air fryer.
- Small, young tender squash and zucchini are best. Extra large older zucchini and squash have tougher textures and larger and tougher seeds.
- Get all recipe tips, tricks, and how to serve this recipe in the article above.
- Squash and zucchini do not need to be peeled.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 110Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 252mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 4g
All amounts are estimates and DailyAppetite takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier.