Cilantro Lime Aioli is made with freshly squeezed lime, chopped cilantro, and a touch of garlic mixed with mayo and makes this aioli a must-have next to your grill this summer!
What is Aioli Sauce?
Ok, it is a flavored mayonnaise. But technically and scientifically it is more sophisticated than its name. It is an emulsion. An emulsion is when foods are forced to mix. Anyway, you can geek out on everything about aioli with this article.
Lime Cilantro Aioli Ingredients
Just a few ingredients to make Cilantro Lime Aioli.
- Fresh Cilantro
- Fresh Lime
- Fresh Garlic
How to Make Cilantro Lime Aioli
Making Aioli is super simple.
- First, finely chop fresh cilantro.
- Next, zest and juice a fresh lime. Mince the garlic.
- Finally, add the ingredients to the mayonnaise and stir. Let the aioli sit for at least 2 hours in a refrigerator. This will allow the flavors to develop.
What goes with Aioli Sauce?
Let me just start with all the fabulous foods we put this Cilantro Lime Aioli Sauce on:
- grilled chicken
- grilled fish
- dip for french fries
- sandwich spread.
- hamburger spread
- fish tacos
- Crab Cakes
It is that good! I know you will love it.
How long is Aioli good for?
It keeps well in your fridge for 48 hours. Just give it a good stir before serving.
Cilantro Lime Sauce Aioli Recipe
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbs fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- zest from 1 lime.
- Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. This allows the flavors to develop.
Read the post above for pairing and serving recommendations.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 94Total Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 88gSodium: 88mgFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g