This Grilled Chicken Sandwich is stacked with grilled pineapple, cheese, and alfalfa sprouts that work together in perfect harmony. This will be your new cookout favorite.
Ingredients for a Hawaiian Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- fresh squeezed lime juice
- lime zest
- canola oil
- Great Seasonings Italian Salad Dressing and Recipe Mix envelope.
- thin-sliced chicken breasts
- ciabatta rolls
- pineapple slices
- Provolone cheese or Muenster
- alfalfa sprouts, to taste
How to Make a Hawaiian Pineapple Grilled Chicken Sandwich
First, make my Lime Cilantro Aioli at least 2 hours in advance before you make this sandwich. This will let the flavors develop. You will love this Aioli. We dip our french fries in it, put it on fish, and of course spread it on grilled chicken. In this recipe, we spread it on both sides of a ciabatta roll.
Next, you will want to marinate the chicken. We marinate our chicken in a simple oil and a seasoning mixture for a few hours in the refrigerator. It is the perfect grilled chicken flavor.
Preheat your grill on high heat. Spray your grill with cooking spray to prevent sticking. Grill each side of the chicken for 3-4 minutes. Closing your grill in between flipping. Continue to grill chicken until fully cooked internal temperature should read 165° F.
Grill marks make everything taste better right? While the chicken is cooking on the grill throw on pineapple slices next to them. They only take a couple of minutes on the grill to get those beautiful marks.
We finish off the sandwich with a slice of provolone cheese and alfalfa sprouts.
Grilled Chicken Sandwich Recipe Variations
- Replace Provolone Cheese with Muenster
- Use you favorite marinade.
More Recipes Like This One!
Grilled Hawaiian Chicken Sandwich
For Cilantro Lime Aioli
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbs fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- zest from 1 lime.
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 packet of Good Seasons Italian Salad Dressing and Recipe Mix.
- 6 thin-sliced chicken breasts
- 6 ciabatta rolls
- 6 pineapple slices
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- alfalfa sprouts, to taste
- For the Aioli, mix all ingredients together and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- For the chicken marinade, mix oil and seasoning together. Place the chicken and oil mixture into a zip lock bag and let marinate for at least 2 hours before grilling.
- Preheat your grill on high heat. Spray your grill with cooking spray to prevent sticking. Grill each side of the chicken for 3-4 minutes. Close the lid of the grill between flipping the chicken. Continue to grill chicken until fully cooked internal temperature should read 165° F.
- Grill pineapple slices for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Assemble the sandwich by spreading the Aioli on the ciabatta rolls, then stack the grilled chicken, provolone cheese, pineapple, and sprouts.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 845Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 32gCholesterol: 133mgSodium: 937mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 4gSugar: 16gProtein: 53g