These grilled potatoes make a great side for your favorite steak, ribs, or burger.
Grilling season is here and nothing is safe from my Traeger grill. We are big fans of the potato and love it baked, mashed, boiled, fried, hot, cold and of course, grilled. I am a serious sucker for the potato and will never turn down the opportunity to eat them.
These potatoes have that great grill flavor and the texture of a french fry. Grilled Fries!
How to Cut the Potatoes
- You can cut them in slices so you have circles like a potato chip but thicker.
- Cut the potato in fourths for grilled potato wedges. (cut potato in half then cut the halves in half. )
- Cut potato in sixths for grilled French fries.. (cut potato in half. Place halves face down. Cut the halves into 3 slices.
You can’t cut the potatoes thin because they will fall apart. Make sure you have thick sturdy slices like these potato wedges. Also, size determines cook time. The thicker the slice the longer it will take. Visually you will be able to tell when the grilled fries are done. If you are unsure take a fry off the grill and cut into it to make sure it is done inside.
French Fries Dipping Sauces
- equal parts mayonnaise and ketchup
- ranch dressing
- honey mustard
More Grilling Recipes
Grilled Potatoes Recipe
- 4 large Russet Potatoes, cut
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- Brush potato slices will olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn the grill on high heat.
- Place potatoes on the grill for 2-3 minutes and flip. Cook for another 2-3 minutes. This will give the potatoes those nice grill marks.
- Turn down the heat to medium.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes on both sides.
- Potatoes should have the texture of french fries when done.
- Melt butter and stir in garlic and parsley.
- Brush grilled fries with garlic butter.
- Salt to taste.
*All grills are different so adjust your cook times as necessary.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 potato
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 265Total Fat: 17gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 26gProtein: 3g