These grilled potatoes make a great side for your favorite steak, ribs, or burger.
Grilling season is here and nothing is safe from my Traeger grill. We are big fans of the potato and love it baked, mashed, boiled, fried, air fried, cold and of course, grilled. I am a serious sucker for the potato and will never turn down the opportunity to eat them. These potatoes on the grill are no exception!
These grilled potato wedges or slices have that great grill flavor and the texture of a french fry. Grilled Fries!
How to Cut the Potatoes for the Grill
- You can cut them in slices so you have circles like a potato chip but thicker.
- For grilled potato wedges cut the potato in fourths. (cut the potato in half then cut the halves in half.)
- Cut the potato in sixths for grilled French fries.. (cut potato in half. Place halves face down. Cut the halves into 3 slices.)
You can’t cut the potatoes thin because they will fall apart. Make sure you have thick sturdy slices. Also, size determines cook time. The thicker the slice the longer it will take. Visually you will be able to tell when the grilled potato slices are done. If you are unsure take a potato slice off the grill and cut into it to make sure it is done inside.
Ingredients for Grilled Potatoes
- Potatoes – The best potato for grilling are russet potatoes.
- Olive Oil
Experiment with bbq seasonings for a more seasoned grilled potato.
How Long to Grill Potatoes Wedges
This will depend on the size and shape of the potatoes. It takes about 25 minutes total time to grill potatoes.
For those grill marks, you will want to grill the prepared potatoes for 2 to 3 minutes on each side over high heat. Then turn down the heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes on each side.
French Fries Dipping Sauces
- equal parts mayonnaise and ketchup
- ranch dressing
- honey mustard
More Grilling Recipes
Grilled Potatoes Slices Recipe
- 4 large Russet Potatoes, cut into wedges or slices.
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- Salt, to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- Brush potato slices will olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn the grill on high heat.
- Place potatoes on the grill for 2-3 minutes and flip. Cook for another 2-3 minutes. This will give the potatoes those nice grill marks.
- Turn down the heat to medium.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes on both sides.
- Potatoes should have the texture of french fries when done.
- Melt butter and stir in garlic and parsley.
- Brush grilled fries with garlic butter.
- Salt to taste.
*All grills are different so adjust your cook times as necessary.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 potato
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 265Total Fat: 17gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 26gProtein: 3g