In just 30 minutes you’ll have delicious, crunchy air fryer potato wedges that are sure to please! Get that classic crispy fried texture in a healthier way with our potato wedges air fryer recipe.
Crispy and delicious, air fryer potato wedges are a foolproof side dish that takes minutes to make! Simply slice potatoes into wedges, toss in olive oil, garlic powder, and salt, then give them a spin in the air fryer and soon you’ll have wedges that are golden and tender on the inside, with a crunchy Parmesan and garlic coating on the outside. Enjoy as a tasty side to virtually any dish!
Ingredients for Air Fryer Potato Wedges
Air Fryer Potato Wedges are one of the easiest potato recipes in the air fryer. Once the potato wedges are out of the Air Fryer they are topped with freshly grated parmesan cheese and minced garlic.
- Russet Potatoes – They are the best potato for wedges.
- Olive Oil or Olive Oil Spray – This will make the potato wedges nice and crispy.
- French Fry Seasoning: This can be any seasoning you like on your French Fries. Salt & Pepper work just fine. Or you can try this French Fry seasoning recipe.
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Freshly minced garlic.
- Freshly chopped parsley.
How to Make Air Fryer Potato Wedges
Homemade Potato Wedges made in the air fryer come out crispy and delicious! We just love the burnt crispy edges. The inside is tender just like a french fry. Making potato wedges in the air fryer is fast and simple. It is a quick air fryer side dish recipe that can be made while everything else is cooking.
Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
The first thing you need to do is cut your potato into wedges. Here is how to cut potatoes into wedges.
- Cut the potato in half lengthwise.
- Place half the potato face down and cut it in half again.
- Cut the remaining halves in half. Now you should have wedges.
If you have big potatoes and feel your wedges are too thick. Slice the potato wedge in half again.
For irresistibly crispy potato wedges, start by soaking them in cold water. Fill a bowl with cold water and add a couple of handfuls of ice cubes. Submerge the potatoes and let them soak for 30 minutes. Once the time is up, use paper towels to pat them dry and you’re ready to air fry! Soaking in cold water ensures potatoes come out perfectly crisp every time. Soaking is not a necessary step so you can skip this if you don’t have time.
Next, toss your potato wedges in about 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Then spread out the wedges in your air fryer. Season the potato wedges and then turn them over and season.
For crispy and golden brown potato wedges, preheat your air fryer to 400°F and cook for 10 minutes. Then flip the wedges and let them fry for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until they reach your desired level of deliciousness.
How to Serve Air Fryer Potato Wedges
Wondering what to serve with Potato Wedges? Here are our top ideas.
- Get creative with condiments. Serve with Ketchup, Mayo, Ranch, Honey Mustard, or Aioli
- Top with freshly grated parmesan cheese, minced garlic, and parsley.
- Top with Chili & Cheese.
- Make it into poutine with bacon, gravy, and cheese curds.
- Serve alongside Air Fryer Chicken Wings, Steak, or a Cheeseburger.
Here is our recipe for Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- 4 Russet Potatoes
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil , add more if needed.
- French Fry Seasoning or Salt & Pepper
- 1 tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1 tsp Chopped Parsley
- Preheat Air Fryer to 400°
- Slice potatoes in wedges then toss in olive oil.
- Spread potato wedges out in a single layer.
- Season potato wedges with salt and pepper or favorite French Fry seasoning. Flip the wedges and season again.
- Cook in the air fryer for 10 minutes.
- Flip the potato wedges and continue to cook for 5-7 minutes or until golden.
- Serve topped with fresh grated parmesan cheese, minced garlic, and chopped parsley.
Serve with Ketchup, Mayo, Ranch, Honey Mustard, or Aioli.
For irresistibly crispier potato wedges, start by soaking them in cold water. Fill a bowl with cold water and add a couple of handfuls of ice cubes. Submerge the potatoes and let them soak for 30 minutes. Once the time is up, use paper towels to pat them dry and you’re ready to toss them in olive oil! Soaking is not a necessary step so you can skip this if you don't have time.
Read the article above for all recipe tips for perfect crispy air fryer potato wedges.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 296Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 277mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 5gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g
All amounts are estimates and DailyAppetite takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier.