Crock Pot Rotel Dip with Ground Beef, Velveeta, and Taco Seasoning. Velveeta cheese slowly melts into taco-seasoned hamburger and Rotel creating the ultimate Taco Dip.
This Rotel Dip is one of our all-time favorite game-day crockpot recipes. This is our go-to cheesy dip recipe for potlucks and football games.
What is Rotel Dip? Rotel Dip is a cheese-based dip with meat either sausage, ground beef, or ground turkey, and Rotel brand diced tomatoes and green chilies.
For our Rotel Dip recipe, we use taco-seasoned ground beef. We add chopped Roma Tomatoes and Cilantro for extra texture and flavor. We think this is the best Rotel dip.
Rotel Dip Ingredients
This is a variation of the original Rotel Cheese Dip Recipe.
- Rotel Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- Velveeta – The smaller 16 oz size box.
- Ground Beef
- Taco Seasoning – You can use an envelope of Taco Seasoning or use homemade taco seasoning.
We make this Rotel Crock Pot Dip all the time it is the best. It is such an easy crockpot recipe. You will want to serve corn chips or tortilla chips with the dip. Doritos are really good too!
How to Make Rotel Dip in a Crockpot
This recipe for rotel dip has two parts. You have to cook the hamburger in a skillet before dumping the rest of the ingredients in the crock pot.
- First, you want to cook your ground beef over medium-high heat in a skillet. Drain the cooked ground beef and place it in your slow cooker.
- Sprinkle an envelope of Taco Seasoning over the ground beef to season and stir. Do not add water. The taco seasoning will also blend in the cheese.
- Next, cut the Velveeta cheese brick into cubes. This will allow the cheese to melt faster and evenly.
- Add the Rotel to the crockpot and give the ingredients a good toss.
- Cover the crockpot and cook on High for 2 hours.
- Finally, uncover and stir. Serve from the crockpot or transfer a portion to a dip serving bowl. Garnish with diced Roma tomatoes and cilantro. Serve with corn chips.
As soon as the Rotel Dip is ready do not go diving in! That cheese will be like molten lava coming out of that crockpot. You do not want to get a heaping Fritos Scoop full and plunge that sucker into your mouth. That Rotel Taco dip will hot glue itself to the roof of your mouth. A reverse blow cannot even penetrate. Your only option will be to stick your finger in there and scrap it out along with the top layers of the roof of your mouth. Just be sure to give the slow cooker rotel dip time to cool down.
You may also like our Crock Pot Velveeta Spinach Dip with Rotel.
Check out all of our Crock Pot Recipes!
Here is the Best Crock Pot Rotel Dip with Ground Beef Recipe
Crockpot Rotel Dip is made with Velveeta, Rotel, and ground beef seasoned with taco seasoning.
- 16 oz. Velveeta cheese (Original)
- 10 oz Rotel
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- Optional: Chopped Cilantro and Diced Roma tomato for garnish.
- In a skillet cook ground beef over medium-high heat. Drain the fat then add beef to the crockpot. Season beef with taco seasoning. (Do not add water)
- Cube Velveeta cheese and add to the slow cooker.
- Add Rotel to the crock pot and give the ingredients a few tosses.
- Cook on high for 2 hours.
- Optional: garnish with cilantro and a diced Roma tomato.
- Instead of ground beef for Rotel Dip, you can use ground sausage or ground turkey breast.
- Cut the Velveeta cheese brick into cubes. This will allow the cheese to melt faster and evenly.
- Optional: garnish with fresh chopped cilantro and diced Roma Tomatoes.
- Serve Corn Chips, tortilla chips, or Doritos with this Taco Rotel Dip.
- Switch your slow cooker to the warm setting if serving from the crockpot.
- Rotel dip can thicken over time. Add a tablespoon of milk at a time to get the desired consistency.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 224Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 763mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 16g