Cowboy Beans Recipe loaded with beef, kielbasa, bacon, and beans slow-cooked in a bbq and molasses sauce.
One of our family’s favorite recipes! Serve as a side or main course. This Crock Pot Cowboy Beans recipe is loaded with meat and beans and slow-cooked in a bbq molasses sauce.
Ingredients for Cowboy Beans
We load up the crock pot full of flavor with this cowboy beans recipe.
- Ground Beef
- Brown Sugar
- White Sugar
- Yellow Mustard
- Barbeque Sauce (Use your favorite tomato-based sauce. We use Sweet Baby Ray’s Orginal or Hickory & Brown Sugar)
- Pork & Beans (We use Campbell’s Brand)
- Kidney Beans (We use Bush’s Brand)
- Lima Beans
- Beef Kielbasa or Beef Sausage (We use Hillshire Farms, Beef Kielbasa)
How to Make Slow Cooker Cowboy Beans
This recipe is simple to make. You simply cook the meats then add all the ingredients to your slow cooker.
- First, cook ground beef and diced onion together in a pan. Drain the beef of excess fat and add to the slow cooker.
- Next, cook the bacon until crispy, drain, and add to your slow cooker. Slice the kielbasa into coins and saute until they have brown edges. Add the kielbasa to the slow cooker including the grease. Mmmm so much flavor!
- Now it is time to add in the remaining ingredients. Stir until well mixed.
- Then set the slow cooker to High and cook for 4 to 5 hours.
How to Serve Cowboy Beans
You can serve Slow Cooker Cowboy Beans as a side dish at Barbeques, Cookouts, or Pot Lucks. You can also serve this as a main course since it is so loaded with meat and beans.
What to Serve with Cowboy Beans
Serve with anything grilled or smoked like hot dogs, chicken, or ribs.
Recipe Variations for Cowboy Beans
Cowboy beans also go by Calico Beans or Ranch Beans.
- Swap out kielbasa for smoked beef sausage.
- Use your favorite tomato-based bbq sauce.
Store leftover Cowboy Beans in an airtight container and refrigerate. Crock Pot Cowboy Beans are good for up to three days.
This recipe is freezer friendly. Just freeze in a freezer-safe bag or container.
More Slow-Cooker Recipes
Browse all of the Slow Cooker Recipes on Daily Appetite in one place!
Slow Cooker Cowboy Beans
Slow Cooker Cowboy Beans
Hearty Slow Cooker Cowboy Beans loaded with beef, kielbasa, bacon, and beans slow-cooked in a bbq and molasses sauce. It can be served as a side dish or main course. Perfect for BBQs or Pot Lucks. This is our most requested crockpot recipes we make.
- 1 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium size onion, diced
- 1/2 lb bacon , diced
- 2 pack beef kielbasa, sliced into coins
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup barbeque sauce, use your favorite tomato-based bbq sauce. We use Sweet Baby Ray's Original.
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 lbs Pork & Beans , do not drain
- 15.5 oz kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 15.25 oz lima beans
- Cook ground beef and onion in a skillet and drain. Place in slow cooker.
- In the same skillet cook the bacon; drain and add to your slow cooker.
- In the same skillet cook the kielbasa until the edges are browned. Do not drain. Add to your slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients; stir until mixed through.
- Set your slow cooker to High and cook for 4 to 5 hours.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 648Total Fat: 35gUnsaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 1426mgCarbohydrates: 56gSugar: 35gProtein: 26g