French Gimlet Recipe. A traditional Gin Gimlet with St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur shaken and strained into a coupe glass.
Ingredients for a French Gimlet
Scroll down for Recipe Card
- Gin (We used Drumshanbo Gunpowder Irish Gin)
- St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur
- Fresh Lime
- *Optional: simple syrup
*If you need to sweeten up your cocktail add up to 0.5 ounces of simple syrup. Adjust to taste.
How to Make a French Gimlet
- Cocktail Shaker
- Glassware: Coupe
Add ice to your cocktail shaker. Add measured ingredients and shake until your cocktail shaker is frosty. Strain into a coupe glass. This St. Germain Gimlet is served ice cold.
- Leave out St. Germain for a classic gimlet.
- Swap out Gin for Vodka.
- As noted above, add up to 0.5 ounces of simple syrup to sweeten up your cocktail. Adjust simple syrup amount to taste.
More Cocktail Recipes
French Gimlet Recipe
A traditional gin gimlet with St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur.
- 1.5 oz Gin
- 1 oz St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur
- Fresh Squeezed lime juice from half a lime.
- .5 oz. simple syrup Optional see notes
Add all ingredients to an ice-filled cocktail shaker.
Shake vigorously until the shaker is frosty.
Strain into a coupe glass and serve.
Garnish with a lime wheel, wedge, or twist.
Calories without Simple Syrup: 186
Calories with 0.5 ounces Simple Syrup: 226