French Gimlet Recipe is a traditional Gin Gimlet made with St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur. Shaken and strained into a coupe glass you will be sipping this sophisticated lime gin cocktail all night.
This twist on the classic Gin Gimlet adds the sweet element of Elderflower liqueur. The Elderflower gin cocktail adds the perfect sweetness to the Classic Gimlet.
Ingredients for a French Gimlet
- Gin – (We used Drumshanbo Gunpowder Irish Gin)
- St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur
- Fresh Lime Juice – We use juice from half a lime.
- *Optional: simple syrup
- Garnish your Gimlet with fresh lime.
*If you need to sweeten up your cocktail add up to 0.5 ounces of simple syrup. Adjust to taste.
How to Make a French Gimlet
Supplies needed to make a gimlet:
- Cocktail Shaker
- Glassware: Coupe
This elderflower gin cocktail is easy to make with just a few steps.
- First, fill your cocktail shaker with ice. Then add the gin, elderflower liqueur, and lime juice.
- Next, shake until the shaker is frosty. This cocktail is not poured over ice. The chilling is done in the cocktail shaker.
- Finally, strain it into a coupe glass. Garnish with a lime wheel, wedge, or twist.
Serve immediately, this St. Germain Gimlet is served ice cold.
French Gimlet Variations
- Leave out St. Germain for a classic gimlet recipe.
- Swap out Gin for Vodka.
- As noted above, add up to 0.5 ounces of simple syrup to sweeten up your cocktail. Adjust the simple syrup amount to taste.
More Cocktail Recipes
- French Martini – Our silky foam top French Martini Recipe is not only sophisticated but tastes and looks amazing. Made with French Vodka, Chambord (a French black raspberry liqueur), and pineapple juice.
French Gimlet Recipe
Elderflower gin cocktail, the French Gimlet, is a perfect mix of Elderflower, lime, and gin.
- 1.5 oz Gin
- 1 oz St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur
- Fresh Squeezed lime juice from half a lime.
- .5 oz. simple syrup, Optional see notes
- Add all ingredients to an ice-filled cocktail shaker.
- Shake vigorously until the shaker is frosty.
- Strain into a coupe glass and serve.
- Garnish with a lime wheel, wedge, or twist.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 259Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 0g
All amounts are estimates and DailyAppetite takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier.