The French Martini is a sweet and soft raspberry pineapple martini cocktail with a silky foamy top. A sweet martini recipe blended with vodka, Chambord, and pineapple juice.
Visually stunning and it is just as good as it looks. This Classic French Martini Recipe is sweet, smooth, and sexy! It is the best sweet martini cocktail.
Although the French Martini is not a “True Martini” it uses the name. The International Bartenders Association recognizes the cocktail for use in their World Cocktail Competition.
Of all the martini variations this recipe is our favorite.
Disclosure: Glassware was gifted from JoyJolt
This is my most popular martini recipe. It is smooth, sweet, and silky. How can you not fall in love with this French Martini?
French Martini Ingredients
With only a few easy-to-find ingredients, you will be shaking up this French Martini cocktail like a pro.
- Vodka – The best vodka for a French Martini is Tito’s Vodka.
- Chambord, Chambord is a raspberry liqueur used to make raspberry flavored cocktails.
- Pineapple Juice
- Raspberry for garnish
What makes the French Martini “French”?
The ingredients are what give this sweet martini its name. Grey Goose and Chambord are products of France.
How to Make a French Martini
- In a cocktail shaker add ice and vodka, Chambord, and pineapple juice. Shake it vigorously! Shake it really hard, this creates that silky foam layer on top.
- Next strain the cocktail into a martini glass. Take your time and allow the foam to pour out. Be patient to get the last bit of foam out of the shaker. Let the cocktail rest for about 30 seconds to allow the foam layer to form.
- How to Serve: Gently place a raspberry hallow opening side up on top of the foam. The raspberry will float and stay in place as long as no liquid gets into the top opening of the raspberry. Or garnish with a pick of raspberries and lay across the top of the French Martini.
The biggest thing about this French Martini Recipe is the silky foam layer. You will really want to shake the cocktail shaker to achieve a nice thick foam layer. The pineapple juice is the ingredient that creates that layer.
How to get that silky foamy top for your French Martini.
Do you want to know how to make a French Martini frothy?
The pineapple juice is what creates the foam when shaken vigorously in a cocktail shaker.
- Once you have added all the cocktail ingredients and ice in a shaker you will shake until your arms hurt or your hand’s freeze. The shaker will get frosty and then will start to freeze. It will be too cold to handle.
All that shaking creates an ice-cold cocktail with a thick silky foam top.
- Slowly strain the cocktail into a martini glass. The foam will slowly come out. Just be patient. Give the shaker a few deliberate downward shakes over the cocktail to get the remaining foam moving.
- Let the French Martini cocktail rest for 30 seconds. This allows the foam to form at the top of the glass. Then gently garnish with a raspberry.
French Martini Variations
As you read above it is the French Ingredients that make this cocktail “French”.
- You can use your favorite vodka brand to make this recipe.
More Popular Martini Recipes
Also, try my French Gimlet.
These Martini Glasses
I entertain A LOT at home and when I saw the CARRE Collection I had to have them. They are showstoppers. Absolutely stunning. If you entertain at home you need these Martini glasses.
French Martini Recipe
- 1 oz Grey Goose Vodka
- 1 oz Chambord
- 2 oz pineapple juice
- raspberry, garnish
- In a cocktail shaker add ice and cocktail ingredients.
- Shake vigorously
- Strain into a Martini glass. Take your time to and allow foam to rest on top. Let the cocktail rest for 30 seconds. This allows the foam to form.
- Gently place a raspberry hallow opening side up on top the foam. It will float and stay in place as long as no liquid gets into the opening of the raspberry.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 cocktail
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 203Unsaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 10mgCarbohydrates: 28gSugar: 18g