This Raspberry Lemon Drop cocktail is a refreshing twist on the classic Lemon Drop Martini. Bursting with sweet raspberry and tangy lemon, this recipe is the perfect spring vodka cocktail.
Are you ready to shake up your cocktail game this spring? Look no further than the Raspberry Lemon Drop Cocktail – a refreshing twist on the classic lemon drop martini. Bursting with sweet raspberry and tangy lemon flavors, this drink is the perfect way to add some excitement to your next gathering or happy hour. In this article, we’ll guide you through the simple steps to create this delicious cocktail at home, along with variations and serving suggestions sure to impress your guests. So let’s get mixing and elevate your bartending skills with this Raspberry Lemon Drop Cocktail Recipe.
Ingredients for Raspberry Lemon Drop
To make this tantalizing drink, you’ll need a handful of simple ingredients that can be easily found at any local grocery store. Here’s what you’ll need for a single serving of Raspberry Lemon Drop Cocktail:
- 2 oz vodka – The best vodka for a Raspberry Lemon Drop is Tito’s Vodka.
- 1/4 oz. raspberry liqueur – We use Chambord, Black Raspberry Liqueur.
- 1 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- 1/2 oz. Grand Marnier
- 1 Rasberry Fresh – The raspberry gets muddled by the ice in the shaker releasing its sweet juices.
- raspberries and lemon wedges or lemon peel, for garnish.
As you can see, the recipe calls for just a few ingredients, but each one adds a unique flavor to the cocktail. The sweetness of raspberry liqueur complements the tartness of fresh lemon juice, while simple syrup helps to balance out the flavors of the drink.
Don’t forget to garnish your Raspberry Lemon Drop Cocktail with fresh raspberries and lemon wedges/peels – they not only add a pop of color but also enhance the overall taste and aroma of the drink.
Now that you have all the ingredients, it’s time to master the art of mixing. Keep reading to learn how to make the perfect Raspberry Lemon Drop Cocktail in just a few simple steps.
How to Make a Raspberry Lemon Drop
To make the Raspberry Lemon Drop Cocktail, you will need to start by filling a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Next, Add 2 ounces of vodka, 1/4 ounce of Chambord, 1 ounce of fresh lemon juice, ½ half ounce Grand Marnier, and ½ ounce of simple syrup.
- Cover the shaker and shake vigorously for about 30 seconds, until the outside of the shaker is frosty.
- Finally, strain it into a chilled martini glass. Garnish the Raspberry Lemon Drop with fresh raspberry & lemon and enjoy.
With these simple steps, you can make a delicious Raspberry Lemon Drop Cocktail that’s perfect for any occasion. But if you’re feeling adventurous, try experimenting with some of the variations we’ve outlined below.
Raspberry Lemon Drop Variations
If you’re in the mood to mix things up a bit, try some of these Raspberry Lemon Drop Cocktail variations.
- Use Raspberry Vodka for extra raspberry flavor.
- Experiment with different fruits such as strawberries or blueberries to create your own unique twist on this classic cocktail.
- Another variation to try is adding a splash of soda water to give the drink a refreshing fizz. Perfect for spring and summer.
- Convert into a shot! Here is our classic Lemon Drop Shot.
- Make the Classic Lemon Drop Martini. Replace equal amounts of Chambord with Grand Marnier.
- Rim the glass with sugar. This adds an extra touch of sweetness. Simply run a lemon wedge around the rim of the glass and dip it in sugar or salt.
- Serve over ice – On a hot summer day, nothing beats a cold and refreshing drink over ice. It also dilutes the drink a bit for a milder taste.
Mocktail & Low ABV Cocktail Variations
Offer a Low Alcohol Cocktail or non-alcoholic version for guests who do not drink alcohol or want such a strong cocktail. Low ABV Cocktails are great for day drinking.
I offer a non-alcoholic version of the Raspberry Lemon Drop Cocktail by substituting everything with Simply Raspberry Lemonade and using the same garnishes. I still shake in an ice-filled cocktail shaker and pour it into a chilled martini glass. It’s just as refreshing and delicious.
For the Low ABV Cocktail version. I follow the same ratios but omit the vodka and simple syrup and substitute them with lemonade. The only alcohol in the cocktail comes from the Chambord and Grand Marnier.
No matter which variation you choose, the Raspberry Lemon Drop Cocktail is a versatile drink, perfect for any occasion.
How to Serve
The Raspberry Lemon Drop Cocktail pairs well with light appetizers such as a fruit and cheese platter or a shrimp cocktail. It’s the perfect drink to serve at a summer pool party or outdoor gathering.
More Martini Recipes
- The French Martini is also made with Chambord and garnished with Raspberries. It is shaken with pineapple juice that gives the cocktail a soft foamy top. It is the most popular Martini on Daily Appetite.
- If you love citrus you will love our Orange Martini. A sweet Martini made with Orange Vodka and Coconut Rum. With splashes of mango and orange juice. This tropical martini is perfect for Summer.
- 2 oz. Vodka
- 1 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
- .25 oz. Chambord
- .50 oz. Simple Syrup
- .50 oz. Grand Marnier
- 1 Raspberry
- Fresh raspberries and lemon for garnish.
- Place all ingredients except garnishes in an ice-filled shaker.
- Shake for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries and lemon wedge/peel.
Read the article above for more Raspberry Lemon Drop Cocktail Recipe Tips and Variations.
- Suggested Ingredients
- Cocktail Variations
- Mocktail and Low ABV Variations
- More Martini Recipes
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 206Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 3gSugar: 12gProtein: 1g
All amounts are estimates and DailyAppetite takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier.