Make a delicious Lemon Drop Shot! This easy recipe has all you need to know about ingredients, garnishes, and variations – just grab your favorite vodka, and let’s get started! Try this refreshing vodka shot today!
Are you looking for the perfect summer vodka shots recipe that is easy to make and light? Look no further than a refreshing lemon drop vodka shot. This vodka shooter is versatile and perfect for any occasion, from a summer BBQ to a holiday party.
Let me share our go-to recipe for making the perfect lemon drop shots, along with tips and tricks for serving and garnishing. I will go over the ingredients you’ll need, how to make the classic recipe and its variations, and the best ways to present it for a party. Now let’s make the ultimate lemon drop shot recipe!
Ingredients for a Lemon Drop Shot
The classic recipe requires just 3 ingredients: lemon juice, simple syrup, and vodka. Regardless of the variation, make sure to use fresh lemon juice and quality vodka to ensure a balanced and delicious shot.
- Vodka – The best vodka for a Lemon Drop Shooter is Tito’s Vodka.
- Fresh Lemons – You will need freshly squeezed lemon juice for the absolute best Lemon Drop.
- Simple Syrup – Simple syrup is a 1:1 ratio of sugar and water. To make simple syrup place equal amounts of water and sugar and heat on low. Stirring occasionally until sugar is fully dissolved. Allow to fully cool before using it to make shots and cocktails.
How to Make a Lemon Drop Shot
Vodka lovers, get ready for the best lemon drop shots you’ll ever make! Perfectly blended and balanced.
To make a delicious lemon drop vodka shot, First, gather all of your ingredients, which include lemons, simple syrup, vodka, and ice.
Start by rimming shot glasses with a lemon wedge and dip them into a shallow plate of sugar.
For the next step, add vodka, freshly-squeezed lemon juice, and simple syrup to an ice-filled cocktail shaker and shake it until chilled.
Finally, strain the mixture into the sugar-rimmed shot glasses and enjoy!
For an added touch of elegance, you can garnish your shots with a twist of lemon zest or a sugared rim. And don’t forget to use high-quality ingredients to ensure your shots taste as good as they look.
Variations of the Classic Recipe
There are variations that incorporate other ingredients such as triple sec, Limoncello, or even 151 for a flaming lemon drop.
To take your lemon drop shots to the next level, why not mix things up with some fun variations? Here are a few popular recipes to try:
1. Blueberry Lemon Drop Shots – Add fresh blueberries to the cocktail shaker and muddle for a fruity twist.
2. Ginger Lemon Drop Shots – Add a bit of ginger syrup for a spicy kick.
3. Raspberry Lemon Drop Shots – Muddle fresh raspberries before shaking them with the classic ingredients for a sweet flavor.
4. Grapefruit Lemon Drop Shots – Swap out the lemon juice for grapefruit juice and add a touch of honey for a unique, tart taste.
No matter which variation you choose, be sure to garnish with a twist of lemon zest or a sugared rim to give your shots that extra touch of elegance.
Best Ways to Serve and Garnish Your Vodka Shooters
When it comes to serving and garnishing your lemon drop shots, there are a few things to keep in mind to make sure they look as good as they taste.
First and foremost, make sure your shot glasses are chilled before pouring in the mixture. This will help keep the drink cold and refreshing and also prevent the sugar rim from melting too quickly.
Speaking of sugar rims, this is a classic garnish for lemon drop shots that not only adds a sweet crunch but also makes the drink look more festive and fun.
To create a sugar rim, simply dip the rim of each shot glass into a shallow dish of water or rim the shot glass with a lemon wedge then dip it again into a separate dish filled with sugar. Gently tap off any excess sugar and set the glasses aside to dry while you mix the drink.
Another option for garnishing your lemon drop is to add a lemon twist of lemon zest on top. This is a simple yet elegant touch that adds a burst of fresh citrus flavor and also looks beautiful.
To create a lemon twist, use a peeler or sharp knife to carefully cut a thin strip of lemon peel, then twist it over the top of each shot to release the oils and essence.
This vodka shot recipe is best served cold. Serve ice-cold vodka shots immediately once poured, and take it up a notch by chilling your shot glasses.
Fresh press lemon juice ahead of the party to save you time behind the bar!
Have fun! Be safe!
Be sure to check our exclusive list of the Best Vodka Shots which includes all the recipes and pictures.
Here is our Best Lemon Drop Shot Recipe
- 1 oz. Vodka
- 1/2 oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 oz. Simple Syrup
- Garnish: Sugar Rim
- Rim shot glasses with a lemon wedge and dip into a shallow plate of sugar.
- In an ice-filled cocktail shaker add vodka, lemon juice, and simple syrup.
- Shake until chilled.
- Strain into sugar-rimmed shot glasses and serve.
- She article above for all tips and variations for the classic lemon drop shot.
- Additional Garnishes: Lemon Peel, twist, or zest.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 109Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 0g
All amounts are estimates and DailyAppetite takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier.