A classic vodka shot, the Kamikaze. It is made with vodka, triple sec, and fresh lime juice.
When it comes to popular shot recipes this shot always makes the list. If you are celebrating and shots are in order this 3-ingredient shot will get the party going. Before you get too crazy slamming them down remember this little shot packs a punch.
What is in a Kamikaze Shot?
A kamikaze is a vodka shot that is mixed with vodka, triple sec, and fresh lime juice. We highly recommend fresh ripe fruit when cocktails/shots call for fruit juice. Juicing fresh fruit just tastes better. However, store-bought pressed lime juice works just as well especially if you are making big batches.
Kamikaze Shot Ingredients
- Orange Liquior such as Triple Sec, Grand Marnier, or Cointreau.
- Fresh squeezed lime juice.
How to Make a Kamikaze Shot
Fill a cocktail shaker full of ice. Next, add vodka and triple sec. Shake until chilled and strain into a shot glass. Finally, squeeze a fresh lime wedge over the top. Serve.
You will need shot glasses. The shot glasses featured are from our friends at JoyJolt. Their barware is stylish and affordable!
- Make this shot into a cocktail. Double ingredients and pour over ice.
- Shoot it like a tequila shot. Instead of adding the lime juice, shoot it and then bite into the lime.
- Made it and didn’t like it? Understandable it is pretty stiff. Add a splash of cranberry juice for sweetness. Or add a splash of simple syrup.
- Try using flavored vodkas for extra flavor.
More Vodka Shot Recipes
- 1 oz. Vodka
- 1/2 oz. Triple Sec
- 1/2 oz. lime juice
- Add ingredients to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake till chilled.
- Pour into a shot glass and serve.
You may also add only the vodka and triple sec to the shaker. Then squeeze a fresh lime wedge over the top of the shot before serving.
Read the article above for more variations and similiar recipes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 102Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 0g