The Blue Kamikaze shot is made with vodka and Blue Curacao with fresh lime juice squeezed over the top. Blue Curacao gives this Blue Kamikaze Shot its gorgeous sapphire color.
This post contains affiliate links.
Taking shots is a fast way to get your buzz on. What makes shots so popular (other than a quick way to get drunk) is that they take on an art form. Creating a small, delicious, and visually stunning drink in a 1.5 oz shot is magic.
I think we can all agree we have taken some pretty horrible shots in the past. Some made you gag or even made your eyes water. There is no fun in that for you.
Maybe your friends watching you thought it was hilarious! It is time to move on from proving your manhood to your friends.
Shots should be enjoyed and fun (for everyone).
First, you are going to need shot glasses. Here is the shot glass set I used for this photoshoot. They are multicolored. I used the blue shot glass out of the set for these photos.
Ingredients for a Blue Kamikaze Shot
- Blue Curacao
- Fresh Lime
How to Make a Blue Kamikaze Shot
- First, fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add the vodka and Blue Curacao.
- Stir to chill the ingredients. This will ensure an ice-cold smooth shot. Don’t stir too long. The ice will melt and your shot will be watered down.
- Pop the lid on the cocktail shaker and strain into a shot glass.
- Squeeze a fresh wedge of lime over the top of the shot.
- Now, bottoms up!
Variation: How to Make a Blue Kamikaze Cocktail
You can convert this shot into a cocktail. Add equal parts and serve over ice with a lime garnish.
For example: Add 3 oz. vodka, 1.5 oz Blue Curacao, squeeze a lime wedge over top. Add another lime wedge as a garnish and serve over ice.
- Double or Triple recipe in the cocktail shaker to make multiple shots rather than one at a time. Pour evenly into shot glasses.
More Shot Recipes
If it is a party you are going to need more shot recipes.
Blue Kamikaze Recipe
Blue Kamikaze Shot
Blue Kamikaze Shot
- 1 oz Vodka
- 1/2 oz Blue Curacao
- wedge LIme
Add Vodka and Blue Curacao to an ice-filled shaker.
Stir ingredients so the ice chills the liquors. Don't stir too long that the ice begins to melt. This will water down your shot.
Strain into your shot glass.
Squeeze a lime wedge over the top of the shot glass and serve.