The Perfect Cosmopolitan Cocktail Recipe. Smooth, sophisticated, and classy.
The classic Cosmo Cocktail.
A perfect Cosmo comes with the right recipe, the perfect chill, and premium ingredients. The cocktail is not only pretty but also in the late 90s it was a fashion piece. A Cosmopolitan in hand was a stylish accessory.
The pop culture hit Sex in the City had every girl in her 20s and 30’s sipping this cocktail. I remember when the movie hit the theaters everyone smuggled in Cosmos to drink during the movie. It is still a fun girls’ night out drink! Cheers!
It is pretty, it is pink, and served in a tall martini glass. Not to mention everyone loves a cherry garnish! To make the Perfect Cosmopolitan it has to be perfect to get it right.
Tips to Making the Perfect Cosmopolitan
- For it to be perfect it has to be super cold. Make sure you put your martini glasses in the freezer for at least 20 minutes. When you are shaking the Cosmo be sure to shake it until the shaker gets really cold.
- Get the recipe right! Too much triple sec or not enough cranberry juice will make this smooth cocktail a bit bitter.
- You can’t beat using premium ingredients. Crafting an amazing cocktail is part of the pleasure of drinking. Don’t blow it with cheap ingredients. use high-quality vodka, mixers that are not loaded with High Fructose Corn Syrup or other random ingredients, and fresh squeeze your fruit juices.
What you need to make a Cosmopolitan Cocktail:
- Chilled Martini Glass
- Stainless Steel Shaker
- Top Shelf (Premium) Vodka
- Triple Sec
- Cranberry Cocktail Juice (I use Simply Cranberry Cocktail)
- Cherry and a lime twist or wedge for garnish.
More Martini-Style Recipes
Love Martinis? Try my other Martini recipes:
The Perfect Cosmopolitan Cocktail Recipe
- 2 oz. premium vodka
- 1 oz. triple sec
- 1 oz. cranberry cocktail juice
- 1/2 oz. fresh-squeezed lime juice
- Add ingredients to an ice-filled cocktail shaker and shake well.
- Pour into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with a lime twist.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 259Unsaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 0.9mgCarbohydrates: 5.6gSugar: 4gProtein: 0.1g