Get the recipe on how to make Beer Pretzel Dogs.
Did someone say beer? Yes, I did! We made this pretzel dough with beer and then wrapped the dough around beef hotdogs and baked them to golden brown perfection.
- 1 bottle of beer heated to 110F -115F
- 1 Tbs white sugar
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 4 cups bread flour
- 16 beef hotdogs
- 2/3 cup baking soda
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Tbs water
- coarse salt to taste
- In your KitchenAid mixing bowl combine beer and sugar.
- Add yeast and give a quick gently stir.
- Wait 5 minutes for yeast to bloom. The yeast will be foamy.
- Add melted butter and 1 tsp salt.
- Attach the bread hook to your KitchenAid Mixer and turn it on to the first stir setting.
- Add flour 1/2 cup at a time.
- Once the dough has formed turn off mixer and remove the mixing bowl from the stand.
- Grease your hands with Crisco shortening and knead dough in the bowl and work any areas of the dough that are not well incorporated. There will be flour and pieces of dough at the bottom of your bowl. Don't worry about trying to add those crumbs to your dough. You will have plenty.
- Grease a large cutting board with Crisco shortening.
- Place dough on cutting board and roll out to a large rectangle. You will need 16 one inch strips of dough. Make an 18x10 inch rectangle. Cut off the uneven edges with a sharp knife or pizza cutter.
- With a knife or pizza cutter cut 16, 1 inch strips of dough.
- Wrap dough tightly around the hotdogs and leave the ends unwrapped. Place wrapped dogs on your cutting board.
- Bring about 9-10 cups of water to a boil in a large pot.
- Stir in baking soda.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Drop 2 wrapped hotdogs at a time into the boiling water for 30 seconds.
- Remove from boiling water and place on the baking sheet.
- When all the dogs have been dipped in the boiling water beat the egg yolk in 1 Tbs water.
- Brush the dogs with the egg wash.
- Sprinkle the dogs with coarse salt to taste.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g