Chocolate Covered OREOs recipe.
Valentine’s Day is next week! Are you ready? I made these chocolate covered OREOs drizzled with candy melts this year. OREOs are my favorite cookie and dipped in chocolate with a candy heart just makes them so much better!
If you haven’t had a chocolate-covered OREO then you haven’t lived! They are soo good. I dip a lot of things in chocolate and OREOs are my favorite. Seriously! Yum!
As you can see I went crazy drizzling with the candy melts. No straight lines. Not today! Sometimes imperfection looks a lot cooler and is more fun to eat.
Even my hearts aren’t perfect. It gives them character and I like them. Throw uniformity out the window. Get crazy!
How to make Candy Melt Hearts
Melt candy melts according to directions. Fill a piping bag with candy and cut the tip. Draw hearts onto wax paper. Be sure not to make them too thin. Refrigerate for 5 minutes or until candy has set. Simply peel off hearts from the wax paper.
Chocolate Covered Candy Heart OREOs
- 1 package of Double Stuffed OREO Cookies
- 16 oz. milk chocolate
- 6 oz Red Candy Melts
- Line a large tray with wax paper.
- Using the double boiler method melt the chocolate. Stirring constantly.
- Once the chocolate is melted drop one OREO in at a time and coat with chocolate.
- Lift cookie out with a fork and with a spoon scrape off any excess chocolate.
- Set cookies on prepared tray.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until chocolate has set.
- Heat up Candy Melts as directed on the package. Because I was using only half the bag I did the microwave method.
- Line a small tray with wax paper.
- Pour candy into a piping bag and cut off the tip.
- On the wax paper draw hearts with the candy. Set in the refrigerator for 5 minutes or until the candy has set.
- Drizzle remaining candy over the OREO cookies.
- On the top center of the cookie squeeze a short line of candy. This will be the “glue” to hold your candy heart in place.
- Peel candy heart off the wax paper.
- Place candy heart on the candy line and balance.
- Once candy has set they are ready to eat!
During this process, I did have to reheat my candy. I simply put my piping bag on a microwave-safe plate and heat it on the defrost setting for 15 seconds. Massaged the bag with my fingers and the candy was reheated evenly.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 88Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 13mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g
All amounts are estimates and DailyAppetite takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier.