Texas Ground Beef Casserole. This stovetop cheesy ground beef and noodle casserole is a filling dinner recipe that is full of big flavor.
I had been craving an Egg Noodle Casserole with Ground Beef. The sweet corn and beef flavors of Texas influence were calling my name. Soft noodles laced through chunks of ground beef with a subtle tomato flavor and a sweet touch of corn. Along with sharp cheddar melted on top with some fresh cilantro This was just what I was craving.
The flavor of this casserole is so good. It is one that I can eat over and over again. There are so many things you can do with 1 pound of ground beef for dinner. There are the easy go-to meals like spaghetti, sloppy joes, or tacos. But this Texas Beef Casserole is different. It sticks to your ribs and it is comfort food.
Stove Top Casserole
Ground beef noodle casserole that is made right on the stovetop. No oven needed. The noodles and the ground beef are cooked so there is no reason to heat up the oven. All you need is a large skillet with a lid. Once you combine all the cooked ingredients it is a matter of covering the skillet with the lid so the cheese can melt and the ingredients can heat through.
Ingredients for Texas Ground Beef Casserole
- Egg Noodles
- Lawry’s Seasoning Salt
- Ground Beef
- Condensed Tomato Soup
- Creamed Corn
- Hot Sauce
- Chili Powder
- Sharp Cheddar
- Parsley (garnish)
This recipe does freeze well. I packaged individual servings in freezer bags. Then I store the freezer bags in an airtight plastic container (like rubbermaid storage containers) and placed them in my freezer. To reheat your frozen leftovers follow the directions below.
- Empty the frozen casserole in a bowl.
- Microwave for 2 minutes then stir.
- Microwave for 1 and a half more minutes or until it is heated through.
You can also pack this in your child’s lunch box. This recipe was such a hit with the kids that they requested it to be packed in their lunch boxes the next day. PARENTING WIN!
Get 40+ Cast Iron Skillet Recipes
Get more than 40 cast iron skillet recipes all in one place! Everything from breakfast to dessert!
Texas Beef Casserole Recipe
- 1 12 oz. package of egg noodles.
- 2 tsp Lawry's seasoned salt, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, diced.
- 1 10.75 oz. can condensed tomato soup
- 1 14.75 oz can of cream style sweet corn
- 4 Tbsp ketchup
- 3 dashes of hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp of chili powder
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
- Garnish: fresh chopped cilantro or chopped parsley.
- Boil noodles for 5 minutes. Rinse with cold water and drain. Sprinkle with 1 tsp Lawry's seasoned salt and toss. Set noodles aside.
- In a large cast iron skillet brown ground beef and onion. Season with 1 tsp of Lawry's seasoned salt. Drain excess fat.
- Turn the heat to low.
- Add tomato soup, corn, ketcup, hot sauce and chili powder and stir until mixed through.
- Add noodles and stir until there are evenly mixed in the meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and cover for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and heated through.
- Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro or parsley.
Leftovers can be frozen.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g