Texas Ground Beef Casserole. This stovetop cheesy ground beef and noodle casserole is a filling dinner recipe that is full of big flavor. Make weeknight dinner easy and delicious with this Ground Beef & Noodle Casserole recipe!
For moms looking for a delicious, home-cooked meal that combines the sweet and savory flavors of Texas, look no further than an Egg Noodle Casserole with Ground Beef. This crowd-pleasing dish features soft noodles, chunks of ground beef, a subtle tomato flavor, and a touch of sweetness from sweet corn – all topped with sharp cheddar and fresh cilantro! Satisfy your cravings and wow your family with this simple, but flavorful dish.
Yum! Serve it with a side salad or roasted vegetables for an effortless meal that you and your family will love!
The flavor of this casserole is so good. It is one that I can eat over and over again. There are so many things you can do with 1 pound of ground beef for dinner. There are the easy go-to meals like spaghetti, sloppy joes, or tacos. But this Texas Beef Casserole is different. It sticks to your ribs and it is comfort food.
Stove Top Casserole Ingredients
Ground beef noodle casserole that is made right on the stovetop. No oven is needed. The noodles and the ground beef are cooked so there is no reason to heat up the oven. All you need is a large skillet with a lid. Once you combine all the cooked ingredients it is a matter of covering the skillet with the lid so the cheese can melt and the ingredients can heat through.
Ingredients for Texas Ground Beef Casserole
- Egg Noodles
- Lawry’s Seasoning Salt
- Ground Beef
- Condensed Tomato Soup
- Creamed Corn
- Hot Sauce
- Chili Powder
- Sharp Cheddar
- Parsley (garnish)
This recipe does freeze well. I packaged individual servings in freezer bags. Then I store the freezer bags in an airtight plastic container (like rubbermaid storage containers) and placed them in my freezer. To reheat your frozen leftovers follow the directions below.
- Empty the frozen casserole into a bowl.
- Microwave for 2 minutes then stir.
- Microwave for 1 and a half more minutes or until it is heated through.
You can also pack this in your child’s lunch box. This recipe was such a hit with the kids that they requested it to be packed in their lunch boxes the next day. PARENTING WIN!
More Casserole Recipes
Looking for another mouthwatering weeknight dinner idea that packs plenty of flavors? This 30-minute Cheesy Beef Casserole With Cauliflower Rice And Spinach is your answer. Laden with hearty ground beef, nutritious spinach, and cauliflower rice, this filling dish is topped off with a scrumptious layer of melted cheddar cheese.
Texas Beef Casserole Recipe
- 1 12 oz. package of egg noodles.
- 2 tsp Lawry's seasoned salt, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, diced.
- 1 10.75 oz. can condensed tomato soup
- 1 14.75 oz can of cream style sweet corn
- 4 Tbsp ketchup
- 3 dashes of hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp of chili powder
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
- Garnish: fresh chopped cilantro or chopped parsley.
- Boil noodles for 5 minutes. Rinse with cold water and drain. Sprinkle with 1 tsp Lawry's seasoned salt and toss. Set noodles aside.
- In a large cast iron skillet brown ground beef and onion. Season with 1 tsp of Lawry's seasoned salt. Drain excess fat.
- Turn the heat to low.
- Add tomato soup, corn, ketcup, hot sauce and chili powder and stir until mixed through.
- Add noodles and stir until there are evenly mixed in the meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and cover for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and heated through.
- Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro or parsley.
Leftovers can be frozen.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g