Cheesy taco pasta recipe.
- Swap out ground beef for ground turkey breast.
- Make homemade taco seasoning.
Leftovers heat up well. Place a portion in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 to 45 seconds and stir. Continue until heated through.
- Tortilla Chips give this recipe a crunchy texture.
- Sour Cream cools the dish to give it a nice balance to the spiciness.
- Cherry Tomatoes give this One Pot Taco Pasta a sweet burst of flavor. Slice them in half or quarter them for a bite-sized burst.
More Recipes Like This
Recipe for One Pot Taco Pasta
One Pot Taco Pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 packet of taco seasoning or use my Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup salsa
- 8 oz. medium shell pasta
- 1.5 cups shredded Mexican style cheese.
- Optional Garnishes: cilantro cherry tomatoes, tortilla chips, and sour cream
Heat a large deep skillet over medium heat.
Brown the ground beef, drain grease, return beef to the skillet.
Stir in taco seasoning, then add water, salsa and pasta shells and stir.
Bring to a boil stirring occasionally.
Cover and reduce heat to simmer.
Cook for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
Remove the lid, add cheese and stir.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with optional garnishes.
If using store bought taco seasoning in an envelope don’t follow the instructions listed on the envelope.