Coconut Mojito recipe made with fresh mint, lime and cream of coconut then topped off with club soda. This mojito variation is all about the coconut!
Post contains affiliate links.
I love mojitos and no doubt Mojito Monday is my favorite day of the week. Plus it is Monday and I need a drink.
I am absolutely in love with this shirt!
Coconut Mojito Ingredients
- 10 mint leaves, I like a lot of mints especially if it is competing with other flavors like coconut.
- 1 teaspoon sugar, this helps release the mint flavor in the muddling process.
- 1/2 lime, cut into quarters, save the other half for lime slices for garnish.
- 1.5 oz. White Rum or Coconut Rum, Mmmm Rum.
- 1.5 oz. cream of coconut, NOT coconut milk. This stuff is thick so don’t add too much.
- Club soda, for the fizzy
- Garnish: mint, lime wedge, and lime zest
Coconut Mojito Instructions (scroll down for printable recipe card)
For this mojito use a shaker tin. The cream of coconut is thick and stirring won’t break it up enough to flavor your cocktail. Plus it will sink to the bottom. Shake it with your rum and ice.
In the bottom of your glass add mint, sugar, and lime. Muddle to release the mint oils (flavor) and juice from the limes. Add ice all the way to the top of the glass. Strain in your rum and coconut. Top off with club soda and give a few quick stirs with a bar spoon. Then garnish with mint leaves, lime wheels, and lime zest. Lime zest is my favorite.
If you don’t have a muddler you can use the opposite end of a wooden spoon.
Coconut Mojito Recipe
- 10 mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 lime cut into quarters
- 1.5 oz. White Rum or Coconut Rum
- 1.5 oz. cream of coconut
- Club soda
- Garnish: mint and lime zest
In the bottom of your glass muddle mint, sugar and lime. Add ice to your glass.
In a shaker, add a few ice cubes, rum and cream of coconut and shake. Strain into your glass.
Top off with club soda and give the cocktail a few quick stirs.
Garnish with mint and lime zest.
This post contains Amazon Affiliate Links.