Tropical Coconut Rum Cocktail served in a coconut shell. Close your eyes and vacation anywhere while sipping this tropical rum cocktail.
Spring Break 2018. I was stuck in Southern Illinois with cold and rainy weather. I decided it wasn’t going to stop me from having a good time. I sent my husband to the store to grab some coconuts for cocktails. I snapped this picture and posted it on my Facebook page and my friends and family couldn’t help but feel a little jealous. Since I love to share I am sticking it here on the blog to be booked marked, pinned, printed, or whatever. As long as it has a permanent home rather than being lost forever in the social media feeds.
What to mix with coconut rum?
Here is a list of mixers to mix with coconut rum.
Cream of Coconut
Passion Fruit Juice
I just want to drink out of a coconut!
So cool right?! Well, I am here to tell you that cracking these babies isn’t easy.
- I used my wine corkscrew to puncture the holes to drain the coconut water.
- Instead of dividing the coconut equally in half. Try to cut just the top off so you have a nice deep cup.
- Use a large sharp knife to start chipping away around the coconut. This will get it started. Then use the blunt end of the knife and “hammer” the coconut all the way around until it cracks.
- Do it outside because it gets messing with the shell chips flying everywhere.
- Don’t try to crack a coconut drunk. Please be sober for this part of the job.
More Coconut Rum Recipes
Tropical Coconut Rum Cocktail
A mix of tropical flavors and rum served in a coconut shell.
- 1 coconut drained and cracked in half
- 1 oz coconut rum
- 1 oz white rum
- 2 oz pineapple juice
- 2 oz orange juice
- 1 oz cream of coconut I used Coco Real Squeeze Bottle
- pinch ground nutmeg garnish
- sprig mint leaves garnish
Fill coconut shell with crushed ice.
In an ice filled cocktail shaker add all ingredients for the cocktail except the garnishes. Shake until shaker is chilled.
Strain into the coconut shell over crushed ice.
Garnish with a pinch of nutmeg and fresh mint.
Cracking the coconut does take a little bit of work but worth it for this fun tropical cocktail.
binance sign up
Friday 2nd of June 2023
Your point of view caught my eye and was very interesting. Thanks. I have a question for you. https://accounts.binance.com/en/register-person?ref=P9L9FQKY