Creamy Shrimp Spinach Pasta with Mushrooms. An easy seafood pasta recipe that is creamy and delicious.
This Creamy Shrimp Pasta feeds a crowd. Loaded with shrimp, spinach, and mushrooms tossed in a creamy cheese sauce with pasta.
How to Serve this Creamy Pasta Shrimp Recipes
- Serve with some crusty buttery bread.
- Pair with white wine.
Leftover Creamy Shrimp
Get your fork ready. This recipe makes a lot so you will have leftovers.
Save your creamy shrimp pasta in an airtight container.
When reheating stir in about a tablespoon of milk to rehydrate the dish. This helps the cheese sauce smooth out and creamy again.
More Creamy Pasta Recipes
Creamy Shrimp Spinach Pasta Recipe
- 9 oz penne pasta, uncooked
- 6 oz baby spinach
- 3 Tbsp butter, divided
- 8 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 6 oz cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled, tails removed
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to pot. Add spinach and toss until spinach wilts. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large saute pan saute thawed shrimp in 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat for about 4-5 mins until pink and cooked through. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skilled melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms and stir until cooked and reduced (about 7-8 minutes).
- Add onion to the skillet and continue to stir and cook for 10 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir in garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken broth. Increase heat to medium high. Stirring occasionally until sauce slightly thickens (about 7-8 minutes).
- Stir in cream cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg until smooth.
- Stir in the shrimp until heated through.
- Pour shrimp mixture over the pasta and spinach. Toss until mixed together.
- Sprinkled Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Recipe Inspired by: Southern Living