Creamy Shrimp Spinach Pasta with Mushrooms. An easy seafood pasta recipe that is creamy and delicious.
This Creamy Shrimp Pasta feeds a crowd. Loaded with shrimp, spinach, and mushrooms tossed in a creamy cheese sauce with pasta.
How to Serve this Creamy Pasta Shrimp Recipes
- Serve with some crusty buttery bread.
- Pair with white wine.
Leftover Creamy Shrimp
Get your fork ready. This recipe makes a lot so you will have leftovers.
Save your creamy shrimp pasta in an airtight container.
When reheating stir in about a tablespoon of milk to rehydrate the dish. This helps the cheese sauce smooth out and creamy again.
More Creamy Pasta Recipes
Creamy Shrimp Spinach Pasta Recipe
Creamy Shrimp Spinach Pasta
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Shrimp, Spinach, Mushrooms and Pasta tossed in a creamy sauce.
- 9 oz penne pasta, uncooked
- 6 oz baby spinach
- 3 Tbsp butter, divided
- 8 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 6 oz cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled, tails removed
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to pot. Add spinach and toss until spinach wilts. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large saute pan saute thawed shrimp in 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat for about 4-5 mins until pink and cooked through. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skilled melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms and stir until cooked and reduced (about 7-8 minutes).
- Add onion to the skillet and continue to stir and cook for 10 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir in garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken broth. Increase heat to medium high. Stirring occasionally until sauce slightly thickens (about 7-8 minutes).
- Stir in cream cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg until smooth.
- Stir in the shrimp until heated through.
- Pour shrimp mixture over the pasta and spinach. Toss until mixed together.
- Sprinkled Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Recipe Inspired by: Southern Living