Homemade Garlic Alfredo Sauce Recipe. Rich, creamy, garlicky Alfredo sauce perfect over fettuccine noodles or as a dip with garlic bread.
Hands down this is my best Alfredo sauce. I took the basic Alfredo sauce from scratch and have constantly tweaked it until it was perfect and full of flavor.
And bonus! Extra garlic! You can never go wrong with garlic.
What is Garlic Alfredo Sauce?
The basic Alfredo sauce is a creamy sauce made with butter, heavy cream, and Parmesan Cheese. Adding garlic and Italian seasoning only enhances the flavor of the regular Alfredo sauce.
Prep all the ingredients before beginning this recipe. Once you get this sauce going the ingredients go into your saucepan fast.
- Have all ingredients measured and ready to go. Once the butter melts all your ingredients need to be measured out and ready to be tossed in the pan.
- Have garlic minced.
- Have Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper measured out and put into a small dish. These ingredients go into the saucepan at the same time so it is ok to have them all in one small dish.
- Cut the cream cheese into cubes for faster melting.
- Have the heavy cream measured out and ready to pour.
Let’s talk about cheese!
Do not buy the Kraft Grated Parmesan Cheese you find in the Spaghetti aisle. You need to go to the refrigerated section where the rest of the cheese is found. Get fresh grated Parmesan. It melts better and tastes better.
How to Serve Garlic Alfredo Sauce
Serve Garlic Alfredo Sauce in a hot bowl as a dip with garlic bread.
Serve over fettuccine or any type of pasta noodles.
Extra serving suggestions include:
- cooked chicken
Garnish with parsley. Add a sprinkle of red pepper flakes for a little kick.
Pour remaining Garlic Alfredo Sauce in an airtight container and store it in the fridge. Reheat in a saucepan on medium heat and constantly stir.
If it is a small amount you can microwave it. Just heat then stir in 20 to 30-second intervals.
Garlic Alfredo Sauce Recipe
- 1 stick of butter, 8 tablespoons
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened, cut into cubes
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Once butter has melted add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Reduce heat.
- Whisk in Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Add the cream cheese.
- Whisk in heavy whipping cream.
- Whisk until cream cheese has melted.
- Bring heat up to medium high heat.
- Bring sauce to a boil.
- Whisk in Parmesan cheese.
- Reduce heat and continue to whisk until Parmesan cheese has melted.
- Remove from heat and let sauce simmer for 1 minute.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 458Unsaturated Fat: 0g