Chicken Bacon Alfredo with Broccoli and Fettucine Recipe. Tender chicken and smoky bacon tossed in an alfredo sauce with broccoli.
Making Alfredo Sauce from scratch can take time and a lot of ingredients. It is so worth it but if you are in a hurry a jarred alfredo will work just fine!
This recipe quickly came together with 1 jar of alfredo, chicken, 1 crown of broccoli, leftover bacon from breakfast and a box of fettuccine noodles.
Ingredients for Chicken Bacon Alfredo
- Alfredo Sauce
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Red Pepper Flakes – Optional.
How to Make Chicken Bacon Alfredo
Bring water to a boil and cook broccoli florets for 3-4 minutes then drain. Alternately, you can place broccoli in a microwaveable bowl. Fill the bowl with water; just enough to cover the broccoli. Microwave for 3 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
Substitutions for Chicken Bacon Alfredo
- Alfredo Sauce – You can use homemade Alfredo sauce. For this recipe, I used jarred because it was convenient.
- I use fresh broccoli. Frozen broccoli will be fine in this recipe just cook it per package instructions first.
- You can use different types of pasta such as penne or linguine.
- When opening a pack of bacon I cook the whole package. I place leftovers in an airtight container and use them in other recipes. The bacon in this recipe was leftover from breakfast.
Freeze leftovers in an airtight plastic bag or container. I used my Food Saver and bag the leftovers in individual portions.
Reheating Instructions for Chicken Alfredo:
- To reheat leftovers take the Chicken Alfredo out of your bag or container and put in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave for 1 minute and stir.
- Microwave in 30-second intervals until heated through stirring in between.
Chicken Bacon Alfredo with Broccoli Recipe
Chicken Bacon Alfredo with Broccoli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt, pepper, garlic powder about a teaspoon each.
- 8 oz. fettuccine
- 1 broccoli crown cut into small floret pieces
- 6 strips of bacon cooked and crumbled
- Alfredo Sauce 14.5 oz jar or homemade recipe.
- salt and pepper
- *red pepper flakes optional
Add olive oil to a large skillet and heat over medium heat.
Season chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Add chicken breasts to the skillet and brown on both sides for 3 - 4 minutes. Cover and reduce heat. Continue to cook on low heat. Chicken is ready when it is temped at 165 F. or juices run clear. Drain juice and set chicken aside on a cutting board. Turn off the heat to the skillet.
Meanwhile, cook fettuccine as directed on the box and drain.
Bring water to a boil and cook broccoli florets for 3-4 minutes then drain.
Slice chicken into bite-size pieces.
Place chicken back into the skillet and add Alfredo sauce, fettuccine, broccoli, and bacon. Toss together until everything is coated in sauce. Return heat to low and cover for 5 minutes to heat through.
Salt and Pepper to taste.
Garnish with red pepper flakes for a spicy kick.
This post contains DailyAppetite.com Amazon Affiliate Links to market products used in producing this recipe.