We love breakfast around here. We especially love having breakfast for dinner. This breakfast sandwich is worthy of starring as the main course for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. This English Muffin Breakfast Sandwich is stacked with smoked Gouda, bacon, and poached egg, and topped with watercress for an extra bite. A buttered toasted English muffin pulls it all together for an amazing sandwich!
This sandwich is easy to put together. Poaching a perfect egg takes practice and honestly, I feel like it takes a lot of luck. If you are not comfortable poaching eggs then substitute with a fried egg over easy.
The best part is when the yolk breaks spilling out hot deliciousness and using the sandwich to mop it up! YUM!
More Breakfast Ideas:
Check out these breakfast recipes that use similar ingredients.
- Our Fried Egg BLT is a fantastic sandwich no matter the time of day. Have it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Eggs Benedict – A classic breakfast recipe similar to this one with a poached egg and buttery English Muffin.
English Muffin Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
- 1 English Muffin cut in half
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 slice smoked Gouda
- 1 slice of cooked bacon cut in half
- 1 poached egg
- few sprigs of watercress
- Butter the English muffin and toast.
- On the thickest half of the English muffin, stack smoked Gouda, bacon, poached egg and watercress and top with the other half of the English muffin.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 415Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 244mgSodium: 898mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 22g
All amounts are estimates and DailyAppetite takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier.