Start your day off right with this creative breakfast variation! Our Delicious BLT with Egg Sandwich recipe is a delicious twist to your traditional BLT. Get ready to enjoy this BLT variation for breakfast.
Our Fried Egg BLT Sandwich recipe has layers of Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato topped with a fried egg with a runny yolk and smoked paprika mayo.
A BLT sandwich is a sandwich with Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato. We added a fried egg for the perfect breakfast BLT.
If you grow your tomatoes you know there will be plenty of BLTs in your future. We have 7 tomato plants in the garden this year so we have BLTs pretty often. We also grow our own lettuce and buy eggs from a local farm and you can get my homemade bread recipe. This BLT sandwich variation is so good and so fresh. During tomato season our Fried Egg BLT is a weekly menu item for breakfast or dinner.
Breakfast BLT Ingredients
You can have this BLT with egg for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. The Fried Egg BLT works for any meal any time of day. The easy 3 ingredient sandwich gets an upgrade with an egg and a smoky paprika aioli.
You could use regular mayo but you should take it one step further and add some smoked paprika to add more flavor. The smoked paprika mayo works so well with the egg and bacon. The smoky flavor will stand out and won’t get lost like plain mayo would in this sandwich.
What Goes with a BLT
If you are making this BLT with egg sandwich try these sides to complete your meal.
There is nothing more satisfying than cutting into a fried egg and watching the yolk run down the rest of your food or plate. That river of golden yolk makes this Fried Egg BLT so deliciously messy. It covers the sandwich and is so yummy. If any yolk spills onto the plate be sure and take your sandwich and mop that flavor up. The lightly toasted bread soaks up the yolk in every bite. You don’t want to lose an ounce of that golden yolk goodness.
- Use this recipe for McDonald’s Breakfast Sauce instead of Smoked Paprika Mayo.
- Make with or without Fried Egg.
- Fry up some green tomatoes for a Fried Green Tomato BLT.
- Instead of Mayo spread on mashed avocado.
- You can also add cheese like a sharp cheddar to add more flavor if serving this for dinner.
This sandwich is just as good without the egg. If you choose to leave out the egg I highly recommend NOT skipping the smoked paprika mayo.
Breakfast BLT Recipe with Egg
- 2 slices of bread, lightly toasted
- 2 leaves of bib lettuce
- 2 slices of tomato
- 3-4 slices of bacon, cooked
- 1 egg, fried over easy
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika mayo.
For the Mayo
- 2 Tablespoons mayo
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Lightly toast bread.
- Fry your egg over easy to get a runny yolk.
- Spread smoked paprika mayo over one side of both pieces of bread.
- Stack lettuce, tomato, bacon and egg on one piece of the bread and top the sandwich with the other piece of bread.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 sandwich
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 805Total Fat: 58gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 43gCholesterol: 247mgSodium: 1451mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 8gSugar: 7gProtein: 31g
All amounts are estimates and DailyAppetite takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier.