Our Pull-Apart Sloppy Joe Sliders recipe comes complete with King’s Hawaiian Rolls and a homemade Sloppy Joe sauce – all it takes is a few simple ingredients. Now you can have a quick and tasty meal that your kids will love!
Not only do the kids love these King Hawaiian Roll Sliders but they are also a great 30-minute dinner recipe. If you are looking for ground beef dinner ideas you have to try this one!
Football season means it’s time to bust out your best game-day recipes. This easy-to-make slider recipe is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. These Kings Hawaiian Sloppy Joe Sliders are incredibly easy to make too. These bite-sized sliders are sure to be a hit with your guests and the best part? They’re incredibly easy to make too!
In this post, we’ll walk you through the ingredients and steps to make these delicious sliders, as well as give you ideas for customizing them to your liking. By the end, you’ll have the ultimate Sloppy Joe Sliders that everyone will be raving about.
Ingredients for Sloppy Joe Slider
Now that we’ve introduced you to the mouth-watering Kings Hawaiian Sloppy Joe Sliders, it’s time to get down to business and take a look at the ingredients you’ll need to make them. The great thing about this recipe is that the list of ingredients is short and sweet! Here’s what you’ll need:
- King’s Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- Ground Beef
- Yellow Onion, finely diced
- Green Pepper, finely diced
- Garlic Powder
- Brown Sugar
- Salt & Pepper
- Dried Parsley
- Parmesan Cheese, optional
That’s it! These simple ingredients come together to make an irresistibly delicious ground beef dinner or appetizer. Plus it is all made in one pan!
How to Make Sloppy Joes Sliders
To make these mouth-watering Kings Hawaiian Sloppy Joes Sliders, start by browning the ground beef, onions, and bell pepper over medium heat in a cast iron skillet. Drain the excess grease and return the skillet to the stove.
Turn the heat to low and add garlic powder, brown sugar, mustard, ketchup, salt & pepper to the beef mixture. Stir in the ingredients so they get nicely incorporated. Let the homemade Sloppy Joe mixture to simmer for 5 minutes.
Transfer the Sloppy Joe mixture to a bowl. Leaving a little bit of the mixture in the pan. This will make the Sloppy Joes extra sloppy!
Prepare your rolls by cutting the “sheet” of rolls in half, horizontally with a serrated bread knife. Do not pull the rolls apart. Set rolls aside.
Place the bottom half of the rolls into the cast iron skillet. Spread the Sloppy Joe Mixture over the sweet rolls. It is ok if it is falling off the sides. These are meant to be sloppy!
Place the tops of the rolls back onto the sliders. In a small bowl melt butter with dried parsley. Brush the melted butter mixture over the top of each roll.
Finally, bake in the oven at 375F for about 10 minutes or until the rolls are golden brown.
The cast iron skillet will be hot. Use a spatula to get under the rolls and lift up. Pull apart the Sloppy Joe slider from the top to avoid getting burned.
Baked Sloppy Joe Sliders
To take these Kings Hawaiian Sloppy Joe Sliders to the next level, we finish them in the oven for a warm and gooey treat that’s perfect for game day.
We topped the sliders with melted butter, parsley, garlic, and grated Parmesan cheese. Then bake the sliders in the cast iron skillet sealing in all the flavors.
These Baked Sloppy Joe Sliders are a crowd-pleaser and paired with a few simple sides, it’s an easy way to feed a hungry group.
What to Serve with Sloppy Joe Sliders
To make your easy dinner spread complete, pair these Kings Hawaiian Sloppy Joe Sliders with a few simple sides. First up, potato chips – a classic snack that pairs perfectly with the savory sweet sliders. For a healthier option, serve some raw veggies, coleslaw, or a salad.
And let’s not forget about the drinks! Serve up some ice-cold beer, soda, or sweet tea to wash down those delicious sliders.
With these side dishes, your game day feast will be complete. But if you’re feeling adventurous, keep reading for some ideas on how to customize these sloppy joe sliders to your liking.
Ground Beef Sloppy Joe Sliders Variations
If you’re looking to add to your Kings Hawaiian Sloppy Joe Sliders, there are plenty of ways to customize them to your liking. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Make sandwiches and use regular-size buns.
- Use ground turkey breast instead of ground beef.
- Add crumbled bacon to the mixture.
- Add your favorite cheese. We sprinkled Parmesan over the top but if that is not enough consider a sharp cheddar or muenster cheese inside the sliders.
- Add more Veggies! You can add chopped mushrooms or grated carrots. Saute these vegetables with onion and garlic so they are nice and tender.
- Add some heat with a hot sauce or red pepper flakes.
- If you don’t have a cast iron skillet follow the recipe. After cooking the mixture place the rolls on a baking sheet or arrange them in a 9×13 baking dish.
No matter how you customize your Sloppy Joe Sliders, they are sure to be a hit at your game day party or weeknight dinner. So get creative and sloppy!
How to Handle Leftovers
Decide if you want to pull apart the remaining sliders or keep them together. Place the sliders in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
They are good for up to 1 day. Any longer the rolls get saturated and soggy.
With just a few simple ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions, you can whip up a batch of sliders that will have your family and friends begging for more.
Here is our recipe for Pull Apart Sloppy Joe Sliders
Not only are these sweet, savory, and sloppy this recipe is ideal for the following occasions:
- 1 Pan Dinner – 1 pan and a few measuring spoons are all you will have clean up.
- Ground Beef Dinner Ideas
- 30 Minute Meals
- Game Day Appetizers
- Kid-friendly Dinner Ideas
- Cast Iron Skillet Recipe
- 1 package King's Hawaiian Original Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely diced yellow sweet onion
- 1/4 cup finely diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
For Butter Topping
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan Cheese - OPTIONAL
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large cast iron skillet cook ground beef, onions, and bell pepper over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Drain excess fat.
- Turn heat to low and add garlic powder, brown sugar, mustard, ketchup, salt, and pepper to the beef mixture.
- Stir to combine. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the ground beef mixture to a bowl. Leaving some of the sauce in the skillet.
- Cut rolls in half horizontally. Do not pull rolls apart.
- Place bottom half of the rolls in the cast iron skillet.
- Spread the Sloppy Joe mixture evenly over the bottom portion of the rolls.
- Place the top portion of the rolls over the Sloppy Joe mixture.
- In a small bowl add butter, parsley, and garlic powder. Melt in the microwave for about 5 seconds. Stir.
- Brush the top of the Kings Hawaiian Rolls with butter mixture. Sprinkle the tops with Parmesan cheese.
- Transfer the cast iron skillet to the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the tops of the rolls are golden brown.
- The cast iron skillet will be hot! Use a spatula to get under the sliders and pull them apart from the top.
See the article above for what to serve with Sloppy Joe Sliders and Variations.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 149Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 256mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 11g
All amounts are estimates and DailyAppetite takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier.