How to make the Best Leftover Meatloaf Sandwich that tastes better than the actual meatloaf you had last night for dinner!
Let’s be honest for a minute. We actually like the leftover meatloaf sandwich more than the meatloaf dinner itself.
Ingredients for A Leftover Meatloaf Sandwich
- 1 Slice of Leftover Meatloaf
- 2 Pieces of Bread
- Muenster Cheese
How to Make a Meatloaf Sandwich
In a frying pan or on a griddle reheat your slice of meatloaf over medium heat. Heat each side for about three minutes. This seals in the meat’s juices and heats the meatloaf slice through.
Spread Mayo on one side of each slice of bread. The Mayo side will go face down on the frying pan.
Lay one slice of bread mayo side down on your cooking surface. Next layer on 1 slice of cheese, meatloaf, then another slice of cheese. Finally, add the other slice of bread, mayo side facing up.
Let the sandwich toast on the frying pan for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Different cooking surfaces will have different cook times. While cooking use a spatula to lift one corner of the sandwich to make sure the bread is not burning.
Your sandwich is done when the cheese has melted and the bread is toasted with a golden color.
More Sandwich Recipes
- Grilled Spaghetti Sandwich
Leftover Meatloaf Sandwich Recipe (Meatloaf Grilled Cheese)
- 1 slice of leftover meatloaf, cut about 1/2 inch thick
- 2 slices of your favorite cheese. In this case we used Muenster cheese.
- 2 slices of bread, your choice, I use regular white sandwich bread
- In a frying pan or on a griddle reheat your slice of meatloaf on medium heat.
- Re-heat each side for about 3 minutes.
- Slather on the mayonnaise to one side of each slice of bread.
- Lay one bread slice, mayonnaise side down, on your cooking surface.
- Layer on a slice of cheese, then meatloaf, and then another slice of cheese.
- Top with the other slice of bread with the mayonnaise side up.
- Let the sandwich cook for about 3-4 minutes then flip.
- Continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes until cheese is melted and bread has a nice golden toast to it.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 sandwich
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 761Total Fat: 50gCholesterol: 184mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 4gProtein: 35g