Slow Cooker Sirloin Steak with Gravy Recipe. Fork tender sirloin steak served with buttery mashed potatoes and covered in gravy.
If it comes out of a slow cooker there is a 99% chance it is comfort food. Serve this slow-roasted sirloin steak with a side of mashed potatoes. Then drown it in gravy for an ultimate comfort food dinner.
We are not talking about gravy from a packet either. We are talking about the real thing! The gravy is made with the natural flavors of the steak when it is seared and other seasonings.
Then the sirloin steak is slow cooked in the gravy for flavor and tenderness.
Get all my Slow Cooker Recipes for Free
See all my Slow Cooker Recipes in one place.
Chilly weather is on the way. It is the perfect time to dust off the slow cooker. We make dips, roasts, soups, stews, and dessert in our slow cooker. If you love this recipe you may want to try my Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy recipe.
I think the only thing I haven’t done is breakfast in my slow cooker. I sleep for 10 hours and anything I put in the slow cooker the night before would be a dried-up brick by the time I get up.
This Slow Cooker Sirloin Steak and Gravy is just like a pot roast. The sirloin steak is a leaner cut of meat and often times can be cheaper than a pot roast. This meal is a family favorite and there is hardly ever any leftovers.
Additions to the Recipe
You can add the following to the slow cooker to cook with the sirloin steak. Add some or all of these fresh vegetables and they will be full of flavor and tender.
- bell peppers
Ideas for Side Dishes
- Mashed Potatoes
- Green Beans / Green Bean Casserole
- Mixed Vegetables
- Biscuits / Dinner Rolls
- Baked Sweet Potato
How to Plate
Cut the steak up into equal servings. Place a heaping pile of mashed potatoes in the the center of a dinner plate. Place a serving of the sirloin steak over half of the mashed potatoes.
Use a fork to chop up the steak a little. This will allow the gravy to seep into all the crevasses. Ladle gravy over the top of the steak and mashed potatoes.
Add your choice of side dish opposite of the sirloin steak and potatoes.
Slow Cooker Sirloin Steak And Gravy Recipe
- 2 lbs Sirloin Steak
- Salt, Pepper, and Steak Seasoning.
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups of water, divided
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 of a medium sweet onion, diced.
- Season the sirloin steak with Salt, Pepper, and Steak Seasoning.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat.
- When the oil is hot sear all sides of the sirloin steak. About 1 minute per side.
- Place sirloin steak in a slow cooker.
- Add 2 cups of water and the beef bouillon cube to the hot pan.
- Allow bouillon cube to dissolve and water to come to a boil.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together 1 cup of water, flour, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper.
- Slowly pour flour mixture into the pan. Whisk in the flour mixture.
- Continue to whisk and let the gravy thicken and come to a slow boil.
- Remove from heat and carefully pour the gravy over the steak in the slow cooker.
- Add diced onions to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on High for 4 hours or until steak is tender.
If your sirloin steak is too long to fit in your pan or to handle cut it in half. You may also want to try my Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy Recipe.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 521Unsaturated Fat: 0g