This easy CrockPot Chicken and Dumplings with Biscuits recipe is simple and delicious. An easy comforting meal that makes you want seconds.
This has to be the easiest chicken and dumplings recipe ever. The slow cooker does all the work and the premade biscuits are just as good as dumplings.
Chicken Thighs vs. Chicken Breasts
Either piece of chicken works. The thighs are juicier. You can also add both instead of using one or the other. Just make sure it is boneless and skinless pieces of chicken.
Prepping the Biscuits
Since we are using premade canned refrigerated biscuits you need to do a little prep work.
- Pop can open and layout each biscuit.
- Flatten each biscuit by hand or rolling pin.
- Cut biscuits into 1/8s. You can use a pizza cutter and cut them like pizza slices. Or you can cut them in the straight lines making squares.
More tips for the Biscuits
- The biscuits do soak up some of the liquid. Before you start your Crock Pot you may worry that your Chicken and Dumplings are too soupy! Don’t! Just let the biscuits do their job. (Scroll down to “Handling Leftovers” for reheating tips.)
- Avoid the biscuit dough sticking together as much as possible. When the biscuits cook in the Crock Pot they will cook together. Having some liquid in between each is best so you don’t end up with one huge biscuit.
More Slow Cooker Recipes
All the Crock Pot Recipes on Daily Appetite are all in one place. Everything from Breakfast to Dessert!
Although this Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings with Biscuits recipe is easy and perfect comfort food just as it is there are a few variations you can try!
- Add 1/2 cup of chopped carrot.
- Use chicken breast instead of thighs. Or a combination of both.
- Lighten up the recipe by using low-fat cream of chicken, milk, and chicken broth.
- Try my Dutch Oven Chicken and Dumplings with homemade dumplings.
- As mentioned above under “More Tips for Biscuits” the biscuits do soak up the liquid. If you are reheating the next day you may need to add a little more milk or chicken broth and stir.
- Microwave the chicken and dumplings in 30-second intervals stirring in between until heated through.
Easy Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings with Biscuits Recipe
Easy Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings with Biscuits
Easy chicken and dumplings recipe using canned biscuits for the dumplings.
- 1 (10.75 oz) can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 16 oz Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1.5 to 2 lbs chicken thighs
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 can refrigerated biscuits flatten each biscuit and cut into 1/8 pieces
Add all the ingredients into your slow cooker except the biscuits and stir.
Cook on High for 3 hours.
Shred chicken, add biscuit pieces and stir.
Cover and cook on High for 1 hour.
Stir and serve.
Want to take on making dumplings? Here is a recipe similar to Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings but with homemade dumplings.