Get a perfectly crispy texture for your chicken wings with this easy-to-follow air fryer recipe. Perfect for game-day snacking, this Air Fryer Chicken Wings recipe uses just a few simple ingredients for the most delicious and crispy wings ever.
Are you tired of chicken wings that are either overcooked or under-seasoned? Look no further than the air fryer! With this handy kitchen appliance, you can achieve perfectly crispy wings every time.
We will share our secrets to creating the ultimate air fryer chicken wings. From seasoning to cooking techniques, we’ll cover everything you need to know to elevate your wing game. Plus, we’ll even provide some inspiration for dipping sauces and sides.
Ingredients for Air Fried Chicken Wings
Sure, you could just toss your wings with some salt and pepper and call it a day, but why settle for basic when you can take your flavor game up a notch?
- Chicken Wings – Look for fresh, good-quality chicken wings with skin on them for the best results.
- Seasonings – We use an all-purpose seasoning. The salt in the seasoning will keep the juiciness inside the wing. Leaving the outside crispy.
- Olive Oil
- Salted Butter
- Frank’s Orginal RedHot Sauce – You may omit the butter and hot sauce if you prefer to use a prepared Buffalo Wing Sauce.
There are endless options when it comes to seasoning your chicken wings, so feel free to get creative. A classic blend of garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper will give you that spicy kick you crave. Or, for a sweeter and smokier flavor, try a mix of brown sugar, chili powder, and smoked paprika rub.
We use an all-purpose seasoning that is not available nationwide. Our next favorite to put on wings is Tony Cachere’s.
Just be sure to evenly coat your wings with olive oil and seasoning of choice before placing them in the air fryer.
These ingredients work together to create a flavor-packed, crispy coating on your air fryer chicken wings that will have everyone begging for more.
How to Make the Crispiest Air Fried Chicken Wings
Now that your wings are seasoned and ready to go, it’s important to properly prep your air fryer for optimal results. Start by preheating your air fryer to the recommended temperature – this may vary depending on the model you have.
- First, get your Air Fryer nice and hot! Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees. While your air fryer is heating up pat dry thawed chicken wings.
- Pat dry the wings removing excess water.
- In a large bowl mix together seasonings and olive oil and toss wings in the mixture. The olive oil is the secret that is going to give you crispy wings.
- Space wings out on the air fryer trays so they are not overlapping or touching. It’s important to leave enough room for the hot air to circulate around each wing for even cooking. Overcrowding can result in uneven cooking, so it’s best to cook in smaller batches if needed.
- Cook chicken wings for 15 minutes on each side for a total of 30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165F. It’s important to flip the wings halfway through cooking to ensure both sides are evenly browned.
- Now that your air fryer chicken wings are perfectly cooked, it’s time to add some heat with some homemade buffalo sauce. To start, melt some butter in a saucepan and add the hot sauce. Stir until well combined. In a large mixing bowl toss the wings in the sauce until fully coated.
What to serve with Air Fryer Hot Wings
Once your wings are coated with the buffalo sauce, serve them hot with some celery and carrot sticks and blue cheese dressing for dipping.
Keep the deliciousness going by serving your wings with some classic sides like, Air Fryer Potato Wedges, french fries, or onion rings,
No matter what you choose to serve with your air fryer chicken wings, one thing is for sure – they’ll be the star of the show.
If you’re looking to elevate your sides game, consider experimenting with different dipping sauces to complement the flavors of your wings. Whether you opt for a classic ranch or blue cheese dressing or get creative with spicy honey mustard or cilantro aioli, the right dip can take your wings to the next level.
Leftovers, Storing, and Reheating
Store leftover Buffalo Wings in an airtight container and place them in the refrigerator.
Reheat in the air fryer! Or try them cold.
Here is our Recipe for Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- 25 Chicken Wings, thawed if frozen.
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon All Purpose Seasoning
- 6 tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 cup Frank's RedHot Sauce
- Pat dry the chicken wings.
- Preheat your Air Fryer to 350°F
- Toss wings in olive oil and seasoning.
- Arrange chicken wings in your air fryer so they are not overlapping or touching. Depending on the size of your air fryer you may have to make these wings in 2 or more batches.
- Cook for 15 minutes and then flip the wings. Continue to cook for another 15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Next stir in the hot sauce.
- In a large mixing bowl toss air-fried chicken wings in Buffalo Sauce until the wings are coated. Then serve!
This recipe makes roughly 25 air-fried wings. Depending on the size of your air fryer you may have to do more than 2 batches.
Adjust the recipe for smaller quantities of chicken wings.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 766Total Fat: 65gSaturated Fat: 26gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 34gCholesterol: 183mgSodium: 2688mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 29g
All amounts are estimates and DailyAppetite takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier.