Mini golden baby potatoes boiled to perfection then tossed in butter and herbs.
Ingredients for Boiled Baby Potatoes
- Baby Gold Potatoes
- Herbs (Italian Seasoning or Herbs De Provence)
- Chicken Bouillon
How Long to Boil Baby Potatoes?
Boil Baby Potatoes for 15 minutes or until fork tender.
Bring 1 1/2 quarts water to a boil. Dissolve chicken bouillon cubes in the boiling water. This will give the baby potatoes flavor.
Next, add baby potatoes and boil for 15 minutes. The potatoes should be fork-tender at this point. Fork-tender means you can easily stab a potato with a fork. The fork prongs should slide right into the potato when it is fork-tender. If you meet resistance continue to boil for another 2 to 3 minutes and check again.
If your potatoes are a little larger add a few more minutes. Be sure not to overcook the potatoes. Otherwise, the small potatoes will be mushy.
If your baby gold potatoes are smaller than the ones in pictures cut your boil time down by 2 to 3 minutes so you don’t overcook them.
Drain the mini potatoes in a colander and return to the pot.
Add the butter and toss until the butter is melted and has coated the potatoes.
Add Herbs De Provence, Italian Seasoning, or fresh garden herbs and toss again until the herbs have coated the potatoes. Salt and pepper to taste.
Our boiled potatoes are kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 days.
Reheat individual portions in the microwave for 45 seconds.
More Potato Recipes
- Slow Cooker Green Beans & Potatoes
- Mashed Potatoes and Parsnips
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Grilled Potatoes
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges
Perfectly Boiled and Buttered Baby Gold Potatoes
Boiled Baby Gold Potatoes
Boiled baby potatoes tossed in butter and herbs.
- 1 1/2 lbs Mini Gold Potatoes
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 tsp Herbs De Provence, Fresh Herbs, or Italian Seasonings
- 1 pinch Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Bring 1 1/2 quarts water to a boil.
- Dissolve chicken bouillon cubes in boiling water.
- Add potatoes and boil for 15 minutes.
- Remove pot from the burner.
- Drain potatoes in a colander and return to the pot.
- Add the butter and toss until butter is melted and has coated the potatoes.
- Add Herbs De Provence and toss again until the herbs have coated the potatoes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 146Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 214mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g
All amounts are estimates and DailyAppetite takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier.