Acorn Squash Puree is a tasty side dish or served as a garnish next to that juicy slice of turkey this Thanksgiving. Sprinkle on some crunchy pecans for added texture.
The acorn squash is surprisingly sweet on its own but with we added some maple syrup for extra sweetness and for an extra touch of Fall flavor. The creamy salted butter blended in gives it another flavor that is just Thanksgiving harmony!
Questions, comments, or just follow along for the love of food. Connect with me on Social Media.
- 1 Acorn Squash, cut in half and deseeded.
- 4 TBS salted butter, melted
- 1 TBS maple syrup
- pecans for garnish
- In a large pot cover acorn halves in water. Parboil for 20 minutes.
- Scoop out the pulp and place in a food processor.
- Add butter and maple syrup to the processor and blend until smooth scraping down the sides as needed.
- Place in a serving dish and sprinkle with pecans.
This post contains affiliate links.
See my Disclosure Policy for details.