Sip on this easy-to-make Apricot Cocktail Recipe. Enjoy this delicious Summer Bourbon Cocktail with pureed apricots and ginger beer.
Craving a unique bourbon cocktail? Look no further! This smooth sip of heaven is made with apricots and agave nectar, then topped off with a splash of ginger beer. It’s the perfect taste combination for any bourbon aficionado!
When cruising the local farm stand I came across these gorgeous purple apricots. They are deep purple and super juicy. So naturally, my first thought was to create a cocktail with bourbon with these beauties.
Indulge with this tantalizing bourbon-based cocktail. With apricot and agave syrup for sweetness and a splash of ginger beer for a zing, it’s the perfect way to enjoy a night of drinking for any bourbon fan.
Ingredients for a Bourbon Apricot Drink
This is a great Late Spring – Summer Bourbon Cocktail since Apricots are in season from May through July.
- 2 ripe apricots – You will add the apricots to a food processor to create an apricot puree.
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or syrup
- 1.5 oz. Bourbon Whiskey – We recommend 100-proof bourbon. Look for “Bottled-In-Bond”, these are 100-proof bottles of bourbon. Old Forrester and Henry McKenna are great bottles.
- Club Soda – You will top off the cocktail with club soda leaving enough room for a splash of ginger beer.
- Ginger beer – Just a splash of ginger beer is enough to spice up this Apricot Bourbon cocktail but not overpower it.
To muddle or to food process the apricots? I tried muddling half of the apricot but it really wasn’t releasing enough flavor. A food processor creates a smooth pulp. Once I stirred in the pulp it laced the whole drink giving it the full flavor I wanted from those gorgeous little apricots.
Two apricots cut in half and pitted gave me enough pulp for 4 drinks.
How to Make an Apricot Cocktail with Bourbon
Serve up a refreshing beverage for your next gathering with this easy-to-follow apricot bourbon cocktail recipe!
- First, for the perfect apricot bourbon cocktail, start with two ripe apricots. Halve them and discard the seeds, then process the apricots in a food processor to create a smooth puree.
This makes enough pulp for four drinks, depending on the size of the apricots.
- To make one cocktail, in an 8 oz. glass, combine apricot puree, agave, and your favorite bourbon.
- Stir, then top with ice.
- Next, add a splash of club soda and a shot of ginger beer. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Apricot Cocktail Variations
- Swap out the bourbon for vodka, Irish whiskey, or tequila.
- Try different garnishes like mint or lemon peel.
- 2 ripe apricots for the apricot puree, directions follow
- 1 tablespoon apricot puree
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1.5 oz. bourbon whiskey
- club soda
- splash of ginger beer.
For the Apricot Puree
- Slice 2 apricots in half. Remove seed. Put them in the food processor and process to make a pulp. This will give you enough pulp to make 4 drinks depending on the size of the apricots.
For the cocktail
- In a 8 oz. glass add apricot puree, agave, and bourbon. Stir.
- Add ice.
- Top off with club soda then add a splash of ginger beer and stir.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 213Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 6mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 24gProtein: 2g
All amounts are estimates and DailyAppetite takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier.