Kentucky Buck Drink Recipe. A simple and refreshing summer bourbon cocktail with muddled strawberry and ginger beer.
Channel the sunny days of summer with this refreshing Kentucky Buck!
This Summer Bourbon Cocktail concocting muddled strawberry and ginger beer creates an ideal balance of sweet and tart flavors.
Perfect for Summer, this unlikely mix of bourbon, strawberry, and ginger beer won’t disappoint. It’s easy to make and your bourbon-loving guests will be asking for more!
Ingredients for a Kentucky Buck
This strawberry bourbon cocktail is sweet with a little spice from the ginger beer.
- Bourbon – The best bourbon for a Kentucky Buck is one that is 100-proof. Look for Bourbon that is “Bottled in Bond”.
- Fresh Strawberries
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Ginger Beer
- Simple Syrup
How to Make a Kentucky Buck
This is how to make the best Kentucky Buck Cocktail.
First, cut your strawberry in half. Add strawberry slices, lemon juice, and simple syrup to a cocktail shaker. Muddle ingredients.
Next, Add bourbon and fill the shaker about 3/4 way full with ice. Shake for 30 seconds. This will further muddle the strawberry for that sweet Strawberry juice.
Strain into an ice-filled glass. Top with ginger beer and garnish with another strawberry and mint.
Check out our list of easy bourbon cocktails.
Kentucky Buck is a fruity bourbon cocktail topped with ginger beer. The best summer bourbon cocktail.
- 2 oz. Bourbon
- Whole Strawberry, cut in half.
- 0.75 oz. Lemon Juice
- 0.5 oz. simple syrup
- Ginger Beer
- Add bourbon, sliced strawberry, lemon juice, and simple syrup to a cocktail shaker; muddle.
- Fill cocktail shaker 3/4 full with ice; shake for 30 seconds.
- Strain into an ice-filled glass and top with ginger beer.
1. You may need to add more simple syrup to taste. Some Ginger Beers have little sweetness and a big ginger bite.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 347Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 32mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 0gSugar: 55gProtein: 0g
This calculation will depend on your brand of ginger beer.