Kentucky Buck Drink Recipe. A simple and refreshing summer bourbon cocktail with muddled strawberry and ginger beer.
Ingredients for a Kentucky Buck
- Fresh Strawberry
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Ginger Beer
- Simple Syrup
How to Make a Kentucky Buck
This is how to make the best Kentucky Buck Cocktail.
First, cut your strawberry in half. Add strawberry slices, lemon juice, and simple syrup to a cocktail shaker. Muddle ingredients.
Next, Add bourbon and fill the shaker about 3/4 way full with ice. Shake for 30 seconds. This will further muddle the strawberry for that sweet Strawberry juice.
Strain into an ice-filled glass. Top with ginger beer and garnish with another strawberry and mint.
Check out our list of easy bourbon cocktails.
- 2 oz. Bourbon
- Whole Strawberry, cut in half.
- 0.75 oz. Lemon Juice
- 0.5 oz. simple syrup
- Ginger Beer
- Add bourbon, sliced strawberry, lemon juice, and simple syrup to a cocktail shaker; muddle.
- Fill cocktail shaker 3/4 full with ice; shake for 30 seconds.
- Strain into an ice-filled glass and top with ginger beer.
1. You may need to add more simple syrup to taste. Some Ginger Beers have little sweetness and a big ginger bite.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 347Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 32mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 0gSugar: 55gProtein: 0g
This calculation will depend on your brand of ginger beer.