Quinoa for Breakfast: Baked Quinoa Oatmeal with Apples and Cinnamon. Serve with a heaping dollop of fresh whipped cream for a cozy quinoa breakfast bowl.
If you are looking for a delicious quinoa oatmeal breakfast recipe you have come to the right place.
Quinoa packs some great health benefits. One benefit is that it is protein-rich which makes it a great choice of breakfast.
This warm breakfast is totally comforting on a crisp Fall morning. The nutty flavor of the quinoa compliments the sweet apples and cinnamon.
This baked quinoa oatmeal is what your belly needs.
A quick note about sugar content
My original recipe calls for 1/2 cup sugar. Since writing this recipe back in 2014 we have cut back on our sugar intake.
I made my recipe again in 2016 and cut the sugar in half.
Because we have cut back on sugar our taste buds have adjusted and it is now just right for us.
If you have a sweet tooth you may want to stick with the original 1/2 cup sugar.
If you haven’t seen the movie, That Sugar Film, I highly recommend it. It is available on Amazon Prime Video Streaming.
It will change your perspective on diets, healthy eating, and of course sugar.
How to Serve Baked Quinoa Oatmeal
- Take 1/2 cup of heavy cream and whip with an electric mixer until peaks form. Place a large dollop of the whipped cream in a bowl and spoon baked quinoa oatmeal over the top. (pictured above)
- Eat it as is with no extras.
- Add a large scoop of the quinoa oatmeal into a bowl and pour milk over the top and eat like cereal.
- Like my Baked Banana Oatmeal recipe, we also ate this with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for dessert. It is like a healthy apple crisp!
- Try other variations of quinoa for breakfast like this Quinoa Oatmeal Breakfast Bowl.
Apples and Cinnamon Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- 1/2 cup half & half, milk is ok to use as a substitute
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1 Granny Smith apple: peeled, cored and diced.
- In a mixing bowl mix together the first 9 ingredients.
- Next add the oats, quinoa and apples.
- Pour mixture into greased 8x8 baking dish.
- Stir mixture to evenly distribute the apples throughout the dish.
- Bake at 350 degree for 30 minutes.
- To serve: Scoop out a portion of the baked quinoa oatmeal and top with a dollop of fresh whipped cream.
See serving suggestions above in the blog post.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g