Spiked Boozy Hot Chocolate for those cold winter nights. Hot chocolate spiked with amaretto then topped off with toasted marshmallows.
Ingredients Needed for Boozy Spiked Hot Chocolate (recipe card below)
- Premium Hot Chocolate (Make with milk and not water for a richer cocktail)
- Marshmallows (optional)
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Chocolate Syrup (optional)
- Chocolate Shavings (optional)
How to Make a Boozy Spiked Hot Chocolate
First, heat whole milk over medium heat then mix in your hot cocoa powder. The heat allows the chocolate powder to dissolve quietly without clumping.
Pour hot chocolate into a mug and stir in amaretto.
Top the hot chocolate with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Skewer marshmallows on a cocktail garnish skewer. Carefully rotate while using a kitchen blowtorch to toast the marshmallows. Lay toasted marshmallow garnish across the top of the mug.
Drizzle chocolate syrup over the top and serve!
How to Toast Marshmallows Without a Fire
- Toast marshmallows in the oven by placing marshmallows on a cookie sheet and broiling on high for a few minutes. Keep an eye on the marshmallows they toast quickly.
- A kitchen blowtorch is worth the investment for toasty marshmallows alone.
Spiked Hot Chocolate Variations
You can spike Hot Chocolate with these liquors.
- Flavored Vodka (vanilla, cake, marshmallow, cinnamon, caramel)
- Bailey’s Irish Cream
Boozy Spiked Hot Chocolate Recipe
Boozy Hot Chocolate
Boozy Spiked Hot Chocolate
- 6 oz Premium Hot Chocolate
- 1 oz Amaretto
- whipped cream optional
- toasted marshmallows optional
- chocolate syrup optional
- chocolate shavings. optional
Make hot chocolate according to the package using milk.
Add amaretto and stir until blended.
Add garnishes and serve.
Calorie Count is without garnishes.