This Boozy Hot Chocolate Amaretto recipe is for those cold winter nights. Hot chocolate spiked with amaretto then topped off with toasted marshmallows and drizzled chocolate syrup.
Ingredients for Boozy Hot Chocolate
To make this Amaretto Hot Chocolate you really only need 3 ingredients, Milk, cocoa, and amaretto. It is the garnishes that really make this boozy hot chocolate a decadent hot cocktail.
- Premium Hot Chocolate (Make with milk and not water for a richer cocktail)
- Marshmallows (optional)
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Chocolate Syrup (optional)
- Chocolate Shavings (optional)
How to Make an Amaretto Hot Chocolate
- First, heat whole milk over medium heat.
- Next, mix in your hot cocoa powder. The heat allows the chocolate powder to dissolve quickly without clumping.
- Pour hot chocolate into a mug and stir in amaretto.
Top the hot chocolate with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Skewer marshmallows on a cocktail garnish skewer. Carefully rotate while using a kitchen blowtorch to toast the marshmallows. Lay toasted marshmallow garnish across the top of the mug.
Drizzle chocolate syrup over the top and serve!
How to Toast Marshmallows Without a Fire
- Toast marshmallows in the oven by placing marshmallows on a cookie sheet and broiling on high for a few minutes. Keep an eye on the marshmallows they toast quickly.
- A kitchen blowtorch is worth the investment for toasty marshmallows alone.
Spiked Hot Chocolate Variations
You can spike Hot Chocolate with these liquors.
- Flavored Vodka (vanilla, cake, marshmallow, cinnamon, caramel)
- Bailey’s Irish Cream
Boozy Spiked Hot Chocolate Recipe
Amaretto Hot Chocolate
Boozy Hot Chocolate with Amaretto. This over-the-top boozy hot chocolate is creamy and the amaretto gives it a nutty flavor that pairs perfectly with the chocolate. This is the best spiked hot chocolate.
- 6 oz Premium Hot Chocolate
- 1 oz Amaretto
- whipped cream, optional
- toasted marshmallows, optional
- chocolate syrup, optional
- chocolate shavings. , optional
- Make hot chocolate according to the package using milk.
- Add amaretto and stir until blended.
- Add garnishes and serve.
See the article above for liquor variations for boozy hot chocolate.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 405Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 193mgCarbohydrates: 71gFiber: 2gSugar: 57gProtein: 4g
All amounts are estimates and DailyAppetite takes no responsibility for actual figures since calculations vary by packaging and supplier.